Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jjd2008

In the WinFax Pro Send screen, my preferred cover page is listed three times in the pull-down cover page chooser. Anyway to have it listed just once? I’ve run the Maintenance Utility and it didn’t fix it.

JohnD
    Participant

did you use the maintenance tool to rebuild to cover.db file?
    if that did not work, you may need to exit winfax & controller, then rename the cover.db file to cover.old, restart WinFax.
    (NOTE! This will remove any custom cover pages in your cover page library, which you will need to manually add in again)

jjd2008

I tried shutting down winfax pro, but noticed processes still running. I shut those down, rebooted. All this after changing cover.db file to cover.old. I’ve noticed that this file has not been re-added, yet. I think one problem might be that I swapped a bunch of files from another computer to get my data without following the correct procedure of restoring from my backup. When I tried that, the backup kept referring to a different root drive which is non existent on the computer I’ve moved the program to. Any suggestions? Other than this relatively minor problem, all else seems to be working fine.
    I got all my logs, phonebook and sent faxes in view.

jjd2008

I ran the utility to rebuild cover.db also.

Administrator
    Keymaster

cover.db gets created after you go into the cover pages area in WinFax PRO message manager (if it does not exist)

Close WinFax and Controller, and WinFax Service if active (WFXSVC) then rename the cover.db to cover.old. Start Controller, Start WinFax Fax Manager, go to the Cover Page area.

jjd2008

ok, in the cover pages area, I see my default cover page I created listed once. But when I press send, after the Winfax PRO Send screen appears, just above the column where I see the thumbnails of the fax I’m sending, there’s a field there that says my cover’s name. when I click the arrow to the right of that, I see my cover’s name still listed three times.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Two ways to resolve this:

the easy way is to reset the SEND DIALOG using the Maintainence Utility.

Click Restore Default Settings,
    Select “Send Dialog”, click Reset.

or, if you want to edit the registry directly, without effecting the other send dialog settings you may have customized: You will need to edit keys in the registry using regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDelrinaWinfax7.0SendFax Dialog

Remove any duplicate keys with the same filename

for example:

MRU2 C:Program FilesWinFaxCoverRECIPE.CVP
    MRU3 C:Program FilesWinFaxCoverRECIPE.CVP

and the MRU’s should be sequential, MRU1, MRU2, MRU3 etc.

Edited By Moderator on 1203697981

jjd2008

This worked! Following your instructions, I elected to edit the registry, as I believe I already tried the other option with the Maintenance Utility.
    I saw three keys with the same values, so I deleted two of them, and now I see just one reference to my custom cover page. Thank you!

Any chance you might have some experience with MySoftware Deluxe Invoices and Estimates? I have a couple of issues with it.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Any chance you might have some experience with MySoftware Deluxe Invoices and Estimates? I have a couple of issues with it.

no, sorry, but good to hear the WinFax issue is resolved.

Edited By Moderator on 1204563365

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.