Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After spending 45 minutes to get through to tech support on their (fortunately) tollfree number, the offshore tech support people informed me that the only tech support remaining for WinFax Pro is Symantec’s webpage.

I just wanted to upgrade version 10.0 to something that would work with Outlook. Guess I’ll just have to buy a CD somewhere.

I keep getting an error message box popping up when I try to start WinFax:

“This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘Switch To’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem.” With three options: Switch To…, Retry, and an inactive Cancel button.

Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

If I shut down Outlook, ACT! and my AT&T VPN, I can finally send a fax. Of course, my active ACT! lookup is the intended recipient.

Bad. If anyone knows of a fix other than or even including upgrading, I’d certainly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Symantec discontinued WinFax as of last year. Version 10.03 is the last version, with a patch update for Windows XP Fax Sharing called 10.04 (which is not required if you are not using Fax sharing)

You may be still be able to obtain WinFax PRO 10.03 via computer dealers, or on-line via this sites advertisers or eBay.

There are many topics here concerning WinFax PRO and Outlook, check them out and it might solve your problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.