Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WFMike

I have Winfax Pro 8 and I recently installed it.
    The Talkworks program that comes with it isn’t installing properly.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can install it properly?
    The phone picture doesn’t show (nothing shows) when I click on Talkworks.
    I am using WinXP.

Thanks!
    Winfax Pro 8 is working fine though.

Administrator
    Keymaster

TalkWorks is installed with WinFax PRO 8 if you selected the option (i believe Typical or Full install) option during installation .
    You need a compatible voice modem for this feature to work. It was designed for Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0, so it may not work with Windows XP. The only version I am aware that will work with Windows XP is TalkWorks PRO 3.0 .

WFMike

@Moderator wrote:

TalkWorks is installed with WinFax PRO 8 if you selected the option (i believe Typical or Full install) option during installation .
    You need a compatible voice modem for this feature to work. It was designed for Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0, so it may not work with Windows XP. The only version I am aware that will work with Windows XP is TalkWorks PRO 3.0 .

OK thanks for helping out!

I did a full install.
    Talkworks shows on the menu inside WinFax, but none of the features work.
    Strangely I can set up voice mailboxes but I can’t really do anything else.
    It’s almost as if the program half installs.

Which version of Talkworks do I have? V. 8.0?

Administrator
    Keymaster

TalkWorks that was bundled with WinFax PRO 8.0 is version 1.0 (Windows 95/NT 4.0)
    TalkWorks was removed from WinFax PRO for the next version 9.0 and released as a separate product called TalkWorks PRO 2.0 (it was WinFax PRO 9 with voice features built in) (Windows 95/98/SE/NT 4.0)
    TalkWorks PRO 3.0 was the last version of TalkWorks released, it included an updated version of WinFax PRO 9.0. This version was designed for Windows 95/98/SE/NT 4.0/2000, and also works with Windows XP.

WFMike

OK, thanks very much for this info, it is really helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.