Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I often get notified that my fax did not get sent, and a message which says “timed out while waiting for Host to return an event ID” While the message shows the “big red” X on my workstation, if I check the host server, it shows my fax went throught fine. This is becoming a bit of a pain, to have to verify at the server so often. Does anyone else have this issue? This happens at all workstations on occasion, mine is the most heavily used for faxing.
    Thank you

JohnD
    Participant

Yes, I believe this could be a problem with time on the server and client(s). Check the time of the server and the client and make sure they are in sync.

Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestion, I will certainly give this a try.
    Fraydnerv

pp-ablehit

I am having the exact same issue. My date and time are in Sync… Any other suggestions and or solutions?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@pp-ablehit wrote:

I am having the exact same issue. My date and time are in Sync… Any other suggestions and or solutions?

what version of WinFax is the Host, and the client?
    What operating system (host? client?)
    Are you using English operating system, and English version of WinFax? or other languages?
    do you have other clients that are connecting and working properly with the same WinFax host?

pp-ablehit

On my workstation and host I am running XP SP3 Pro.
    Winfax v 10.03
    English versions
    My workstations sync time via the host. so time and date are not the issue. It rather random. 90% of the time the fax does go through fine on the host but on the workstation it gives the timeout.

Administrator
    Keymaster

what anti-virus are you using? its possible that it is anti-virus or firewall doing some scanning, or another application that is active at the time of the send is causing the delay. The return ID isn’t being received in time to acknowledge the successful send, so WinFax reports the message. I don’t recommend disabling anti-virus or firewall, but you could try adding the WinFax PRO files “wfxctl32.exe” and “faxmng32.exe” to your exception list in your Anti-Virus, if that is available to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.