Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulcarter
    Participant

How would you just copy phonebook log only to another winfax computer without the messages or other folders useing a thumbdrive?

Administrator
    Keymaster

How to copy the default phonebook (My Phonebook) to another computer

Situation:
    You want to know how to copy the WinFax PRO default phonebook, My Phonebook, to a different computer.

Solution:
    To copy the My Phonebook phonebook to another computer, follow these steps:

NOTES:
    These instructions are for copying the default phonebook named My Phonebook only. If you need to import another WinFax PRO phonebook, please see the document How to import phonebooks. WinFax PRO must be installed in exactly the same location on both computers.

WARNING: !!!!!! You will lose all information in the default phonebook on the target computer as existing files are overwritten, not merged. !!!!!!

Exit all open programs and stop the WinFax PRO service if you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000/NT on both computers. (You can use WinFax Tools and use WinFax Services option to Stop Service and End All WinFax Tasks.)
    Click Start, point to Find, and click Files or Folders. The Find dialog box appears.
    From the Look In drop-down list, select the drive onto which you installed WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO.
    Check Include subfolders (if not already checked).
    In the Named field, type my-ph-bk*.* and click Find Now. Windows displays all files matching the search criteria. (There should be at least 12 files.)
    Transfer these files using a floppy disk, USB flash drive, or through a network connection to the second computer
    Place the files in the WinFax …Data folder on the second computer, (for example: c:program filessymantecwinfaxdata).

paulcarter
    Participant

I want to transfer all phonebooks not just default phonebook. I thought I could go to program set up. open back up and restore, then backup just phonebooks to thumbdrive and then restore it on new computer with winfax. Will this work and copy all phonebooks? Can you send a link to documents how to import phonebooks

Administrator
    Keymaster

@paulcarter wrote:

I thought I could go to program set up. open back up and restore, then backup just phonebooks to thumbdrive and then restore it on new computer with winfax. Will this work and copy all phonebooks?

yes that should work too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.