Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    try2fax

I have setup a calling card in winfax pro and when i try to send a fax it trys to dial my area code then the fax recipents fax number and not the calling card. can some explain how to properly setup the modem, calling card inorder to send faxes using winfax pro?

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

under dialing and location, click on the location tab and make sure you have “use calling card” enabled, and the proper calling card setup selected.

try2fax

@Moderator wrote:

under dialing and location, click on the location tab and make sure you have “use calling card” enabled, and the proper calling card setup selected.

the options you mention were already done

Administrator
    Keymaster

when you setup calling card dialing you need to be aware that:

1. Calling Card Dialing will only be used for Long Distance Calls.

2. Calling Card dialing does not accept manually entered recipient information. The recipient must be selected from a WinFax PRO phonebook.

try2fax

@Moderator wrote:

when you setup calling card dialing you need to be aware that:

1. Calling Card Dialing will only be used for Long Distance Calls.

2. Calling Card dialing does not accept manually entered recipient information. The recipient must be selected from a WinFax PRO phonebook.

i believe you can also use the outlook express phone book which i linked during setup, which is what i used and the recipient is long distance.

Administrator
    Keymaster

is WinFax setup to use WinFax dialing or Windows dialing? (Advanced in dialing setup)
    Do you have your local area code and phone number listed in the Dialing Setup?
    What location is listed for the credit card you are using?
    When you right-click the controller, and select Locations, what location is listed here? It must be the same location as you setup for the credit card dialing.

try2fax

@Moderator wrote:

is WinFax setup to use WinFax dialing or Windows dialing? (Advanced in dialing setup)
    Do you have your local area code and phone number listed in the Dialing Setup?
    What location is listed for the credit card you are using?
    When you right-click the controller, and select Locations, what location is listed here? It must be the same location as you setup for the credit card dialing.

is WinFax setup to use WinFax dialing or Windows dialing? (Advanced in dialing setup) [B]winfax pro[/B]

Do you have your local area code and phone number listed in the Dialing Setup? yes

What location is listed for the credit card you are using? US

When you right-click the controller, and select Locations, what location is listed here? It must be the same location as you setup for the credit card dialing. where is the controller you are referring to?

when i try sending a fax it keeps dialing my local area code first even though i do not have the box checked for always dial area code. I believe this is my biddest problem now, it wants to always dial my local area code for all faxes i’m trying to send

Administrator
    Keymaster

The controller is the yellow icon that appears in the system tray (bottom right corner of Windows)
    WinFax supports multiple location setups, so you need to ensure your selected Location matched the location where you setup the credit card and dialing settings.

I suggest you add some fax numbers in a WinFax PRO phonebook, and then try sending faxes using those fax numbers, this will confirm if it is working or not directly from WinFax.

Make sure your country code, area code and fax numbers are located in the proper fields. Otherwise, you will have problems with dialing.

For All calls to USA and Canada

Country Code : 1 (for US and Canada)
    Area Code : 3 digit area code
    Fax Number: 7 digit fax number

In dialing setup (for USA and Canada)

Country Code : 1
    Long Distance Access: 1
    International Access: 011
    Area Code : 3 digit (your area code)

Edited By Moderator on 1204220797

try2fax

Thanks for the reply.
    I had all of the settings the way you suggested, however i found that you can not use the outlook express merge contacts for the faxing info. you have to manually enter the information into the phone book for winfax pro, once i did that the fax worked using the calling card. when using the outlook express phone book it would only dial the phone and would not use the calling card. Thanks for your help, i will keep you posted with any other problems that arise or i find any useful information to contribute. Thanks again!

P.S. I used to use bitware for all of my voice / fax communication however i can not get the latest version to work on winxp pro. I then started using faxtalk communicator 4.5 and did not like the fact that it keep no csid info or did not organize incoming faxes to be reviewed when necessary. I had this version of winfax pro and decided to try it. ( i needed immediate ability to send and receive faxes) so here i am.

Have you tried or are you aware of any voice / fax software you could recommend?

Administrator
    Keymaster

the only software that I am familiar with that supports voice is TalkWorks PRO 3.0. Unfortunately, it was discontinued by Symantec many years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.