Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    conklin

I have tried everything suggested in this forum and am still unable to install WinFax Pro v 10.02. I have joined the Premium support and downloaded files, etc. I have had this experience on two nearly identical computers running XP Pro. I have also had problems accessing the GetFaxing and the Forum websites – IE hangs. I was able to read .fxm files after running the wfxqview.exe, however, my friend (who needs it more than I do) was not able to read thexe files. I have had no problems on previous computers (this one is a Dell). Please help!
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

IE hanging when accessing the web site it an unrelated problem, and is unlikely anything to do with WinFax or any of the programs you may have used here to uninstall WinFax.

What problems are you encountering when you install WinFax PRO 10.02? How are you installing WInFax? From a CD ROM?

Double-click the SETUP.EXE from the “WINFAX” folder on the CD ROM instead of starting the installation automatically from the CD Splash screen.

At this point the setup should start, and you will be prompted with a dialog box. What is the error message, if any?

conklin

When I run setup.exe from the WinFax CD I receive the following message:

Install halted
    WinFax has found an earlier version of WinFax on this machine. Please uninstall the current WinFax before installing the new version. [ OK ]

This is a relatively new system and I have never installed any other version on it. When I first installed WinFax 10.02, as I remember, I had problems with the setup. That is when I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. I have not been able to get past this message.

Thanks.

conklin

Do I understand correctly that I would have to pay an additional $40 to receive live support?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Do a search for the following files, if you find them delete them.

WTNSETUP.INI
    WFXBOOT.INI
    WFXINST.LOG

These files will be found in your WINDOWS folder (or WINNT)

If WinFax will still not install and you get that error message, then you have

1) left over registry keys specific to WinFax are still active.
    2) a winfax program such as wfxswtch.exe, wfxsnt40.exe, wfxctl32.exe, faxmng32.exe or wfxmod32.exe active.

conklin

I removed wfxsnt.exe and wtnsetup.ini and searched the registry for wfx* and did not find any entries. I also stopped the process wfxnt40.exe in the task manager. I still received the error message to uninstall the previous version before installing this one. 🙁

Do you have any other suggestions? I paid $20 for this service and now am being asked to pay $40 more for live support. Do you think there is a possibility of getting this to work. I have purchased another faxing software, but am not really fond of it. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

Do any of the following keys exist?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallWinFax

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESymantecInstalledAppsWinFax

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrina

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDelrina

You must have missed a key somewhere

conklin

I was able to find some of the entries and delete them. I was then able to install winfax, but I am unable to create a fax. When I click on Fax Send, nothing happens.

I did receive a couple of error message, but I am unable to include them here. One was a general protection fault of the WinFax Controller.

I did reboot before and after the installation. I think we are getting close, but I still can’t fax. 🙁

conklin

I receive the following pop-up when attempting to open WinFax:

WinFax PRO (X) The following error occurred when attempting to open a golder. “Call failed.” Unable to open the folder because its parent folder has been deleted. [ OK ]

Administrator
    Keymaster

@conklin wrote:

I receive the following pop-up when attempting to open WinFax:

WinFax PRO (X) The following error occurred when attempting to open a golder. “Call failed.” Unable to open the folder because its parent folder has been deleted. [ OK ]

Try these steps as you may have left over data files, or missing registry settings.

1. Close WinFax PRO and Controller if active.
    2. Rename the Program FilesWinFaxDATA folder to Program FilesWinFaxDATAOLD
    3. Start WinFax PRO Controller (this step creates a new data folder, with default send/receive logs and phonebook)
    4. Close WinFax PRO Controller.
    5. Double-click WTNSETUP.EXE from the WinFax PRO Folder (usually c:program fileswinfax)
    6. Go through the setup process again until it is completed.
    7. Start WinFax PRO Controller and WinFax PRO Fax Manager.

conklin

I think we have done it! I was able to follow your recent instructions and then send a fax. I haven’t received one. Would it be possible for you to send a test fax to xxxxxxxx I’m sure that part will work too.

Thank you so much for your help! :;):

Edited By Moderator on 1208799877

conklin

I think I gave you the wrong number. Please try xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks!

Edited By Moderator on 1208800274

Administrator
    Keymaster

sending a test fax now

conklin

I did not receive the fax. The phone rang and it registered in Message Manager Details as call cancelled. I don’t know if you cancelled it or if it actually failed. Any ideas?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@conklin wrote:

I did not receive the fax. The phone rang and it registered in Message Manager Details as call cancelled. I don’t know if you cancelled it or if it actually failed. Any ideas?

our fax reported no answer. I’d suggest having someone locally send you a fax, or send yourself a fax if you have another fax line.

If you still have problems, post a new topic with the appropriate details regarding the type of fax modem you are using, and the current settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.