Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a client that has been running WinFax Pro 10.00 on Windows 98 for 5 years with no problems. They recently purcahsed an Windows XP pro PC and wanted to add WinFax to it. Version 10.00 will not run on a XP platform. So I loaded 10.03 on the Xp pro pc, but then it would not talk to the old 10.00 server. So I upgraded the 10.00 server to XP pro and loaded 10.03. It took a bit to get the two XP pc’s to talk to each other throught WinFax, but I finally figured it. I figured at this point I was in the home stretch, but when I backed up the old 10.00 phonebook database and tried to restore it to the new 10.03 server only half of the data came over. I thought that I had done something wrong, so I backed up the old database numerous times and tried to restore it, but it still would only bring half of the phonebook database over. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? There is 5 years worth of phonebooks created and I can see all of the phonebooks on the old 10.00 server, but I need for all of the data to be on the new 10.03 server. Can anyone please help ME??????

Thanks,

Shawn Miller

Anonymous

phonebook data is the same within version 10.0 and 10.03, so there shouldn’t be a problem there. I would first recommend backing up all your winfax data just in case, then try importing your phonebooks into WinFax using the Import option (you can choose WinFax PRO native phonebooks for the import)
    if that does not work, you should try the rebuild phonebook steps (see link in the top of the main WinFax PRO forum) and then try importing again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.