Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,
    Do me a favor and tell me how to back up winfax completely because I want to move old winfax stuff to a new computer.
    Including,my phonebooks,data,cover,…all stuff for winfax..

Thanks a lot.

John

Anonymous

depending on the version of WinFax, you can perform backups within the program itself using Backup/Restore option in Program Setup. It is always wise to back up the entire “DATA” directory which is usually where all the faxes, phonebooks and logs are stored.

Anonymous

Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    But I think still I have a problem.I use backup/restore in program setup in windows 2000 professional.
    And I transfer the backup to Windows XP professional,but computer says sths like,because of the setting change,only the minimum change will be made.
    I found nothing but a few attachment files in Windows xp .
    I even want to back up separately,that is,by phone book,data,cover,log,sent mail….
    but have no idea …
    Could you tell me some more details on how to back up the complete stuff on my winfax on windows 2000 ?

Thanks a lot .

John

Anonymous

hi,by the way,the version of winfax is : 10.02

Anonymous

Did you try the steps outlined here

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….5580204

Anonymous

@1water wrote:

Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    But I think still I have a problem.I use backup/restore in program setup in windows 2000 professional.
    And I transfer the backup to Windows XP professional,but computer says sths like,because of the setting change,only the minimum change will be made.
    I found nothing but a few attachment files in Windows xp .
    I even want to back up separately,that is,by phone book,data,cover,log,sent mail….
    but have no idea …
    Could you tell me some more details on how to back up the complete stuff on my winfax on windows 2000 ?

Thanks a lot .

John

Is the Windows 2000 computer and the Windows XP computer both connected to a network so you can share files?

If so, just install WinFax PRO 10.02 on the WIndows XP computer, then copy the entire “DATA” directory from the Windows 2000 machine to the new machine overwriting the existing (newly installed) DATA directory on the Windows XP machine.

The data directory is usually “C:PROGRAM FILESSYMANTECWINFAXDATA”

or “C:PROGRAM FILESWINFAXDATA”

then start up WinFax PRO 10.02 on the Windows XP computer and verify all the information has been moved over.

Some phonebooks and logs may have to be manually added by choosing “File, New…” and selecting “Use existing WinFax PRO ” file.

hymi

I have a somewhat similar problem, Win 2K , Winfax 10.02
    had a hard drive failure, installed new hard drive, done a restore from my back up CD of Winfax data, all tel logs are there & OK, all logs are there but no files in them.
    Any ideas?

Anonymous

@hymi wrote:

I have a somewhat similar problem, Win 2K , Winfax 10.02
    had a hard drive failure, installed new hard drive, done a restore from my back up CD of Winfax data, all tel logs are there & OK, all logs are there but no files in them.
    Any ideas?

check the properties of a log entry and see what filenames are being used, then check to see if those files are in your data directory.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.