Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stevie

Because I upgraded to Windows XP Home, I upgraded my WinFax Pro 10 to WinFax Pro 10.03.

All works fine, but there is one annoyance: When I click “print” in my word processor and specify WinFax, I get this message:

“WinFax is not active for this User Account. Please start the controller and try again.”

Then I manually start the controller, and all proceeds normally.

As in my old WinFax setup, I don’t start the WinFax controller at boot-up. In the old setup, the controller came up automatically whenever I started to send a fax. How do I make it do that in my new set-up?

Administrator
    Keymaster

does this happen with all programs when you print to WinFax, or only with the specific Word Processor you are using?

Stevie

I tried it with Word Pro, Word, TextPad, and Excel. Same error message every time.

Administrator
    Keymaster

make sure compatibility mode is not turned on (not checked) for these applications in the winfax installation folder

wfxctl32.exe
    faxmng32.exe
    wfxmod32.exe

To set the compatibility properties for a program :

1. Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

Edited By Moderator on 1224559331

Stevie

The compatibility settings are not the problem. They all are UNchecked for all three files you list.

Administrator
    Keymaster

do you have both wfxsnt40.exe and wfxswtch.exe active in the task lisk before printing to the WinFax PRO printer driver?

bring up the Task Manager (click here if you are unsure how to do this)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323527
    once the Task Manager is up, click on the Processes Tab.
    Check to see if both “wfxsnt40.exe” and “wfxswtch.exe” are active. If you don’t see both of these programs, then its possible you removed them from your Windows startup, or they were not installed with WinFax PRO.

Stevie

These files are among those listed in “Processes”:

wfxsnt40.exe

wfxsvc.exe

wfxswitch.exe

JohnD
    Participant

I believe this is a problem with 10.02 and 10.03 versions. Previous versions would automatically start the controller if it wasn’t already active,

Do you have “Fast User Switching” enabled in Windows XP?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279765

Stevie

Both “Use the Welcome Screen” and “Use Fast User Switching” are checked.

Stevie

Do you suppose upgrading to WinFax PRO 10.04 would solve this problem?

Administrator
    Keymaster

No. WinFax PRO 10.04 will not likely correct this problem.

I reproduced the problem on a Windows XP SP2 PC with WinFax PRO 10.03

When you click on Help, About Message Manager, then click System Info. What is listed under Operating System?

JohnD
    Participant

The question is treated as abandoned.

WinFax Tools – Fix Startup Errors should correct this issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.