Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dennis

I have been using winfax and a Cellphone ,Audiovox 9155 Gpx, to send and recieve faxes while out of the office and I had it working fine on windows 98. I recently bought a new laptop and am running win 2k. I am using Snapdialer software and Winfax 10.0.. I downloaded the win2k Audiovox driver. The Winfax program dials, using snapdialer,connects and starts to negotiate with the remote fax machine. Then for no apparent reason, the call is ended by the cellphone, The fax prints about 1/2″ of the page perfectly. Then is prints an error message Error “283” * a communication Error occured DURING the fax transmission. It’s driving me crazy. I don’t know where to look for an answer. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Anonymous

check to see what fax class your cell phone supports, you can do this by clicking on the Control Panel in Windows 2000. Double-click Phone and Modem options icon. Select the Modem Tab. Select the modem, then click Properties. Now click the Diagnostics tab, and click Query Modem.
    You should see several AT+ commands along with responses. See what the AT+FCLASS=? response is.
    0,1,8 = Class 1+Voice
    0,1,2 = Class 1+2
    0,1,2.0 = Class 1+2.0
    etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.