Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,
    I am a VB developer and have been charged with creating a program which will send and recieve faxes automatically. The sending is to be based on the contents of a database table and the receiving is also to be handled by the application and if possible the incoming fax details to be also stored.
    I am not familiar with the Winfax Component and was wondering if one of you could asnwer the following questions :

Is what I have been asked to do possible using Winfax?
    I have Winfax Version 8.03 on my development machine, is it necessary to upgrade to Version 10?
    The SDKSend VB sample from Symantec works fine on my machine – Would this be a good basis for my project?
    Is there anything I should know or thoughts that spring to mind in relation to this project?
    Are there any links or samples which closely relate to what I wish to achieve?

I have read through a number of the posts already but cant find answers to the above questions. I would really appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

Regards Kenneth

Anonymous

processing incoming faxes is a little more difficult, depending on what you need to do. However, sending faxes is much easier.
    Also , WinFax PRO 8.03 is not acceptable for sending faxes due to Y2K related problems. You’ll need at least version WinFax PRO 9.03 , TalkWorks PRO 3.0 or WinFax PRO 10.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply, I will get the upgrade.

For incoming faxes I need to access and store information such as the senders number, subject etc. I cant clearly tell from the documentation how to do this. I have noticed the sendEventObj_ReceivedEvent in the SDKEvents sample, but it only seems to allow access to the entryID, you say that its a little more difficult, how would one start to go about it?

Thanks
    Kenneth

Anonymous

receive data really only consists of CSID (Callers Station Id) which is whatever they programmed on their fax device. You don’t get sender number , or subject from a received fax. A received fax is really only a graphic image when it is received by WinFax. WinFax can process the fax by automatically printing it, or storing an entry in its logs to the fax time & date, # pages, and CSID (if received)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am glad to know that the receive information is not available rather than banging my head against the wall try to access it.

Thank you for your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just FYI i am using the SDKLog object to access the faxes in the Receive log and this gives me all the information I need about incoming faxes.

Also it means I dont have to trap the information as the fax is being recieved and so if my application is not running when a fax is received it can read the new details at a later date.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.