Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 16 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mike Lyles

I purchased your macro attempting to eliminate the well publicized VBE6.DLL problem with WinFax Pro 10.02 presently being ignored by Symantec. Shame on them!

My problem continues after Control, Alt, Del eliminations of all related software, deletion of *.tmp files, re-introduction of the original Wfword2k.dot files in both WinfaxMacro and Program FilesOfficeStartup and elimination of the unzipped folder created by your program on the first attempt. Upon re-creation of the Program FilesWinfax Macro folder by your program, I still get the same VBE6.DLL error as before. I cannot open WORD and use the Tools to Templetes and Add-Ins deletion feature as I cannot get past the .DLL error t do so.

Can you give me more suggestions?

Anonymous

Hi,

What version of Word are you using? Also, if you remove the wfword2k.dot template, do you still get the VBE6.DLL error?

Mike Lyles

Thanks for your response. I am running Word 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1).

I renamed wfword2k.dot to wfwordsav2k.dot in the WinFax Macro folder. This was the original 108K file.

I found that GetFaxing Macro had installed a 339K file named wfword2k.dot in a new folder below WinFax in the Explorer tree named WinFax Macro. In addition, this 339K file was placed into Office Professional in Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeStartup folder.

My version of Word shows vestiges of the Dell OEM version as well as my update with Office 2000 and the SR-1 Service Pack update.

Before re-running Word with the file name change, I also made sure no versions of Word or Winfax were running and again deleted all *.tmp files. I then rebooted the computer, launched Word and received the same VBE6.DLL error as before.

Still looking for help. I’m a paying customer!! LOL

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous

Ok , here are a few items to check to ensure that there are no stray wfword2k.dot files (or wfwrd2k2.dot files ) still being loaded when you start Word 2000. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Reboot the computer and start Windows. Ensure no other applications are active. If programs automatically start, shut down each one. Do not start Word 2000.

2. Search for the file “wfword2k.dot” . To do this:

Click START
    Click FIND (or SEARCH for Windows Me, 2000)
    Enter “wfword2k.dot” and search for this file.

3. Delete ALL occurances of the “wfword2k.dot” file.

Repeat steps 2-3, but this time search for the file “wfwrd2k2.dot” (you may not find this file, that is OK, but if you do, delete all occurances of it as well)

Now start Word 2000. Does the VBE6.DLL error still occur?

If you still get VBE6.DLL after deleting all occurances of wfword2k.dot and wfwrd2k2.dot, reboot the PC and try the following steps outlined from this Web site:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm

(If you get to the part regarding WinFax PRO 10.02, You can ignore it, as you don’t need to do this with the GetFaxing.com macro)

If you didn’t get the VBE6.DLL error after deleting all occurances of wfword2k.dot and wfwrd2k2.dot, then you should now be able to reinstall the GetFaxing.com macro. Double-click the wfxmacro.exe to start the install process. If you don’t have the wfxmacro.exe file anymore, you can download it again at http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/wfxmacro.exe

Let me know if this works for you.

Edited By JohnD on June 18 2002 at 06:53

Mike Lyles

Thanks for a successful solution.

I had 2 additional instances of wfword2k.dot in folders other than those referenced in the Symantec solution.

Elimination of the additional templates in other folders allowed Word to start successfully.

I then ran the wfxmacro.exe from GetFaxing which installed the revised wfword2k.dot file and again started Word successfully.

Thanks again for your help!

Anonymous

Excellent..!
    Enjoy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.