Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

There have been reports of a new release to fix SDK problems, version 10.03

Does anyone have this yet?
    🙂

Anonymous

Yes, it appears that version 10.03 fixed the SDK, or at least part of it. We’re only using the basic “Sendfax” capability for mail merging from a custom application, and that appears to be working properly now in 10.03 where it was failing in 10.02

It also appears that they actually released a second ‘version’ of 10.02 that fixed the SDK – per a couple of Symantec technical posts they had indicated that “a replacement 10.02 disk from Symantec” would resolve integration problems with Act!

I dont know Symantec’s policy for providing replacements either for free or fee, you’ll have to check with them.

Steve

Anonymous

Some vendors (PC Nation for one) say they are shipping version 10.03 currently. I called Symantec to confirm that it is indeed shipping, and they said “Yes” and “No”. They are “halfway there” to shipping 10.03, and Tech. Support will provide an upgrade to 10.03 if you can tell them what it is you are trying to do with 10.02, but can’t, and if 10.03 fixes it.

They also said 10.03 does NOT fix any SDK problems with Win XP. The SDK was finalized with version 10.0 but they had so many problems supporting XP, that they “gave up”, and have stopped supporting it. They have NO plans to create a new SDK that supports XP! They directed me to this NG for help and assistance.

Now, a question: I am a developer trying to add programmatically-controlled fax capability to my software (created using Paradox for now for prototyping (Pdox has ActiveX support), and will modify to Delphi for “the real thing”) and WinXP support is crucial. Can WinFax do the job? Which version? Will I be stuck with that version, and no future upgrades?

I do not have to use WinFax, so does anyone have any other suggestions for adding faxing to custom software? It doesn’t have to have extensive capabilities, just simple fax sending.

Thanks.
    Mark Weimer

Anonymous

I’ve seen this now advertised by Symantec, but I have not heard of this fixing anything. Does it work?

Anonymous

Hello Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Symantec Online Technical Support.

In your message you wrote: I have WinFax PRO 10.0 and 10.02, when I use 10.02 none of the SDK functions work properly. When I use 10.0 it works. do you have a fix to this problem, since WinFax PRO 10 is not compatible with Windows XP?

Please note, the WinFax 10.02 SDK was not tested with Win XP. There are no plans at this time for further development or udating of the SDK. Sorry if that causes you any problems, but your answer might be to find another fax product that supports your VB DDE functionality on Win XP.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXXXXX
    Symantec Authorized Technical Support

This is the response I received today from Symantec Authorized Technical Support regarding any fix for SDK related items.

:angry:

Anonymous

@SBelkin wrote:

Yes, it appears that version 10.03 fixed the SDK, or at least part of it. We’re only using the basic “Sendfax” capability for mail merging from a custom application, and that appears to be working properly now in 10.03 where it was failing in 10.02

It also appears that they actually released a second ‘version’ of 10.02 that fixed the SDK – per a couple of Symantec technical posts they had indicated that “a replacement 10.02 disk from Symantec” would resolve integration problems with Act!

I dont know Symantec’s policy for providing replacements either for free or fee, you’ll have to check with them.

Steve

Interesting…so 10.03 fixed the problem? are you using Windows XP?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.