Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bernie

IS IT POSSIBLE TO VIEW AND OLD POST OF A FEW MONTHS AGO.
    My send log is corupt and you replied to delete the status.* files, but I need to follow those instructions.
    Can you re post them or tell me how to find the old posts?
    Bernie

bernie

I found the answer in Symantec, but thanks anyway, here is the link, it is called, how to delete log files without losing any of the log information
    BM

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….ocument

JohnD
    Participant

Old postings are moved to the archived area, which is available to Premium Forum Subscribers.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@bernie wrote:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO VIEW AND OLD POST OF A FEW MONTHS AGO.
    My send log is corupt and you replied to delete the status.* files, but I need to follow those instructions.
    Can you re post them or tell me how to find the old posts?
    Bernie

Here is a copy of my reply to your original message. One of the benefits of becoming a member is you have access to all posts that eventually get moved from the “General” area to the appropriate premium forums, you do not have access to them unless you support this forum and become a member.

the default log structure for WinFax is contained in all the STATUS files in the DATA directory. You need to first close/shut down WinFax, the Controller and the WinFax Service (if it is active) and then move all these files to another temporary or backup directory. There are approximately 15 files (each file starts with the name status and has a different extension (eg: status.wfb, status1.wfx )

prior to doing any of this, make sure you moved your log entries to a new message store, not just a folder. If the folder is located under the default send or receive logs, you will lose all these faxes.

Once you restart WinFax, your send and receive logs should now be blank.

You should also have a backup of the entire WinFax directory structure prior to attempting this. A Premium Support technican can also do this entire procedure for you, should you be interested in this service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.