Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john20052006

Hi,Is there anybody that could help me ?
    I got such a situation:

There is a local network to use Winfax server and clients,no problem.
    Now,there is another network which is connected to the network I mentioned above in different network segment,we use VPN to link these 2 networks,one computer has to check faxes from Winfax,as you see,Winfax server is on another network.
    Let me make the situation specific:

Network A has 10 computers,including one winfax server,9clients,ip address for this network is : 192.168.1.x

Now,in another location,5 computers,1 of them has to check (at least) and receive and send faxes through the winfax server on another network segment which is linked through VPN.The segment for the 2nd network is : 192.168.2.x

I wish: the computer in the segment: 192.168.2.x can check,receive and send faxes through the winfax server on the network:192.168.1.x?

or at least,he could check the fax remotely in another network from another location?

Is there any suggestion ?

Great thanks.

Happy Easter.

JOHN 5011

john20052006

No answer? No hint? No idea? Nobody knows anything about this?
    ???

Anonymous

Have you tried this? I doubt it would work, because Symantec claims WinFax sharing will only work on the same network segment, so it would not connect on the machine you’ve connected via VPN. Did you try it?
    WinFax sharing was designed over 6 years ago, so there are limitations. There has been no real update to the software since then. Why not setup email forwarding, and forward your faxes as emails to the remote location?

john20052006

Hi,
    How are you ,Sir?
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    Could you please also let me know how to set up email forwarding?
    Thanks.
    Great day!
    John 5001

Anonymous

First you need to set up an email client with WinFax. Outlook Express for example.

See this document:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….0555904

then see the information regarding “enabling automatic forwarding”

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….1151904

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.