Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mam

Dear moderator … this is the most authoritative source of info after one week search that I have found on winfax and I am surprised how you put this effort for something that is not yours.

This must be very easy for you since you have respective products. After leaving a major crash recently on my win2000 I try to make operation much more safe. In doing that I can find no way to work winfax pro 10.0 on my win2k SP3 (clean installation). I have included “everybody” in regaccess I have given easy permissions to all folders and program modules that I thought are relevant but nothing happens. When I print from anywhere (say “notebook”) I get the fax send window with a cover letter but without my print object. When I try to cancel the fax … I get a hang (needs to log off) … It works fine in power or administator accounts.

In a dual boot installation of win2k where I have applied the compatibility template to user groups it works fine … but in trying to do everything much safer I do not want to do this to this clean install.

Anonymous

Glad to hear you find this forum useful!

Have you tried the following suggestions from the Symantec site?
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….7453904
    😀

mam

thank you for your reply …. if I remember well I have tried the item suggested but there is very few things you can do in “user” account of win2k. Certainly you can not install winfax pro and I do not remember what happened when I tried to reinstall the print driver … but I will try again your suggestion and post the results.

Please note that winfax print works normally in “administrator” or “power” user accounts … the problem is with the low priviledge accounts such as “user”.

Brgds, mam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.