Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Please post experiences with WinFax PRO and Microsoft Vista in this thread.

JohnD
    Participant

Just a warning to those upgrading to VISTA and who rely on a fax application, such as WinFax PRO.

There are no guarantees that WinFax PRO (or any other fax software that use printer drivers-as most do) will function with Microsoft Vista operating system. The printer driver is one of the main components of sending faxes with WinFax, and there are many incompatible printer drivers in Vista.*They have to be re-written for Vista compatibility*

I have not confirmed any problems yet, but this is the reason for this topic. So , use caution if your business depends on faxing

also, the only versions of VISTA that contain any basic Microsoft fax capability are WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS Edition and ULTIMATE edition. The HOME, and HOME PREMIUM do not contain any built in fax capability at all. So, if you upgrade to HOME or HOME PREMIUM there is a chance that your fax software will be completely disabled!
    :O

Edited By Moderator on 1170276299

Anonymous

yup my Fax is death, R.I.P.
    :angry:

Installed home premium and the only prob I seem to have is with WinfaxPro 10.02

I hope this gets fixed soon as paperfaxes are not my thing ๐Ÿ˜€

cheers

Tikkas

Anonymous

@Tikkas wrote:

Installed home premium and the only prob I seem to have is with WinfaxPro 10.02
    I hope this gets fixed soon as paperfaxes are not my thing ๐Ÿ˜€

What problems do you have? Is it the printer driver, or installation?

Anonymous

I can open Winfax and read what is already inthere.
    I can’t turn on auto recieve.
    I also keep getting a message that winfax is trying to show me a mesaage, but when I click show message it comes up with an empty light blue screen.

I might try upgrading to 10.04 first and get back to you.

cheers

Tikkas

Anonymous

I think I foud my problem,

I habe no modem selected and when I do select one Winfax doesn’t seem to remember the choice or doesn’t store the selection :S

any Ideas? Modem works fine in the port testing.

cheers

Tikkas

Anonymous

Try executing WTNSETUP.EXE in your WinFax directory. This will reconfigure WinFax PRO.

the big test is can you click on File, Print (to WinFax) from within any application in Windows Vista? Does WinFax generate a fax page that you can send?

Also, you cannot install 10.04 update patch overtop WinFax PRO 10.02 (only can patch overtop a 10.03 installation)

Edited By Moderator on 1170366269

Anonymous

Oki Doki I got the fax to work ๐Ÿ˜€

The patch didn’t cause any problem at all.
    The WTNSETUP.EXE did cuse some problems as it didn’t find my fax so I had to selct a fax from the list (took the AT&T one) after selecting a few wrong options it now works fine and the sending of faxes works fine too.

Thaks for your help.

cheers

Tikkas

Anonymous

Any idea on how to work with Vista
    I am missing the WOW!
    When I activate WFP it returns an incompatibility message.
    Any ideas? ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous

Im having some problems also. Running WinFax 10.0. Where do I get the upgrade to 10.4?
    Thank you,
    Russ

Anonymous

@RWS wrote:

Im having some problems also. Running WinFax 10.0. Where do I get the upgrade to 10.4?
    Thank you,
    Russ

10.0 cannot update to 10.04
    click the support link at the top of the forum web page for information on upgrading to 10.04 from version 10.03

Anonymous

@Algoes wrote:

Any idea on how to work with Vista
    I am missing the WOW!
    When I activate WFP it returns an incompatibility message.
    Any ideas? ๐Ÿ™

did you try install WinFax PRO? running compatibility mode? What are the problems you are experiencing.

Administrator
    Keymaster

closed, winfax pro not compatible with Vista

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘WINDOWS VISTA Compatibility – Please post experiences with WinFax PRO’ is closed to new replies.