Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lukeb

Hello
    I have to say have been a winfax user for many years and as many changed to xp and now have problems connecting via fax server.
    Ok, after I got xp, I bought 10.02 and I could not get it to connect to the server. The server works fine for faxing (it is a terminal i use and i can fax from that one). I called and got .03 and updated to .04. I did do a uninstall and then reinstall before putting .03 on.
    Now, I have added in regaccess in winfax and the server is set as a static ip and it does ping it ( the wierd thing is that it showed response time of 15ms the first time and then said access is denied, now it shows a 0ms time and says the same thing) Not sure what to do.

Thanks

JohnD
    Participant

What are the error messages (if any) when you try to connect to the Fax Host machine?
    Do you have any firewall like Norton Firewall, or Norton AntiVirus installed?

lukeb

i only have xp firewall and i have turned that off and it still does not work. i get setup cannot connect to winfax pro on 192.168.0.xxx (reason : access is denied.) Check that this is the correct host name

JohnD
    Participant

@lukeb wrote:

Now, I have added in regaccess in winfax and the server is set as a static ip and it does ping it ( the wierd thing is that it showed response time of 15ms the first time and then said access is denied, now it shows a 0ms time and says the same thing) Not sure what to do.

from WinFax client machine
    click Start, Run and type “command”
    then in the command prompt,
    ping x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x=ip of computer with WinFax Host)

can you successfully ping the host computer?

can you see this WinFax Host computer under My Network Places?

Are both the Host and client versions of WinFax the same version (10.04 on Host and 10.04 on client)

lukeb

yes i can ping it but it shows a repsponse time of 0 ms and i can see the computer. i am sharing the c drive

lukeb

sorry, yes it does it show a good ping in ms ping, but the winfax ping util shows a 0ms response

JohnD
    Participant

@lukeb wrote:

sorry, yes it does it show a good ping in ms ping, but the winfax ping util shows a 0ms response

0 ms is normal response on a local network
    , check what the ms response is from the command line ping, if it shows <1 ms or average 0 ms then the wfxping response is OK.

Do you have an account setup on the Host machine that is the same user/password on your client machine?

lukeb

that is a good question, I do have full read and write access to the drive, but I do not have a account set up on that machine that matches this one.

lukeb

I just added an account on the host machine and it still giving me the same error. I can go on the host machine and change files from my machine.

lukeb

john… thanks for all of your help, I got it to work.

aaroncw

Hi!

I am having the same problem Lukeb was having. I have the Host Winfax Pro machine setup. I have the client installed on my local machine. I can ping the host. I can open a shared folder on the host. My client PC found the host perfectly. However, when I actually go to send I get the following message:

“Winfax PRO is unable to connect to the WinFax PRO Host station called 192.168.1.104. Make sure an account has been created for you on the host station (using the same name/password used to login on your client station).”

I have created an administrator account on the Host machine, it has the same name and password that I use to login to my client PC. Still no luck.

I am using Windows XP SP2 Home as the Host Machine. Does that matter?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

JohnD
    Participant

what version of WinFax PRO on the Host and client machine?
    Is Windows XP SP2 on both Host and Client?
    Anti-Virus software installed on each machine? If so, which versions?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.