Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi. I have a telephone line going into a phone and also split into my computer. I have WinFax 10.0 running with WinXP. It works fine. After two rings, WinFax picks up and starts generating fax noises. What I am looking to do is for the computer to recognize if the call is a fax call or a voice call, then either route it to WinFax or ignore it and let the phone ring. I am sure that this can be done, but I cannot find documentation on the internet on how to do it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario

Anonymous

There are two ways to do this:

1. Distinctive ring. A service you need to buy from your phone company that may not work properly in Windows XP.

2. Buy an automatic switch box that routes phone calls to your phone and fax calls to your computer.

http://www.ahernstore.com/linesha….tandard

Edited By Moderator on Dec. 12 2003 at 10:59

Anonymous

OK. Thanks. I have a question about that. If I go and buy one of the devices on the link that you provided, do I still need to get distinctive ring? Also, which one do you recommend and are there better models or stores to get it from. Thank you for all your help and Happy Holidays.

Sincerely,

Mario

Anonymous

No with these devices you don’t need to get distinctive ring, that is why in the long run you basically paid for it by saving on the distinctive ring fees. However, distinctive ring gives you two different phone numbers (so I guess giving the illusion you actually have two phone lines)

I only included that Web site as an example, I have not ordered from them before nor do I recommend them over another manufacturer/Web site. You can also probably buy the same devices at your local Radio Shack or Electronics’ dealer. The “Comswitch” models seem to be the most popular.

Anonymous

Hello,

I have a database that has a table with contact information in it Called GM. I setup an ODBC datasource to connect to the database and its successfull. In Winfax I create a new phonebook using ODBC as source and it asks for SQL password and then puts the database name in the top and doesnt show any tables. I cant see my tables. Any help would be great.

Anonymous

Might be a compatability issue. Not sure where else to suggest for this one…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.