Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shabbs

Hey all,

I have a custom faxing program that uses a database to send faxes to WinFax. I installed WF on my development machine (Win2000) just for this and I got the program fully functional, everything went the way I wanted it. Then when I placed the program on an XP SP2 machine, I started getting some weird results. If the program prints to the WinFax printer, it complains that one of the recipients does not have a fax number or email address, when I’m 100% sure it does and AddRecipient() returns 0. If the program adds attachments to the fax and sends it that way, I end up with 2 faxes in the send log, one with the correct fax number, the second with blank phone number.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why it would work on a 2000 machine but not on XP, except maybe that the XP drivers are somehow different and would require different calls to the API? Both WinFax versions are 10.02. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Shabbs

Administrator
    Keymaster

Shabbs,

WinFax PRO 10.02 specifically with Windows XP has a problem with the SDK and the Printer Driver. I would suggest upgrading your version of WinFax to 10.03 which has been reported to correct the problem.

shabbs

Well how ’bout the portion that does not use the printer driver? It simply uses AddAttachment() to attach fax files and send those, but in that case I end up with one good fax and one bad one, without a fax number in it.

Also as a note, we’ve been using the print driver on XP with winfax 10.02 for the past couple of months with no problems. This is a replacement program I’m trying to write that doesn’t seem to act nice.

Anonymous

@shabbs wrote:

Well how ’bout the portion that does not use the printer driver? It simply uses AddAttachment() to attach fax files and send those, but in that case I end up with one good fax and one bad one, without a fax number in it.

Also as a note, we’ve been using the print driver on XP with winfax 10.02 for the past couple of months with no problems. This is a replacement program I’m trying to write that doesn’t seem to act nice.

It may be the code. Switching operating systems seems to cause a problem with timing. You might have to make some changes to the code. I would suggest you post the portion of the code that deals with WinFax.

shabbs

Anonymous

Its the SendObj.SetPrintFromApp (1) command that fails in Windows XP using version 10.02. I’m guessing that is the problem you are encountering.

I believe even if you use AddAttachment method, it will still use the printer driver to convert the attachment to FXS format, which will probably fail again in Windows XP.

You should try the same code without the SetPrintFromApp or AddAttachment methods, try simply sending a cover page with some text as a test. If you are using real data, try setting the faxes to send at a future date/time, or set them to Hold in the outbox (that way you’re not actually sending the faxes, and can simply delete them from your outbox.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.