Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I created an Access Fax module a couple years back utilizing Access 97 and WinFax 8.0x. The module worked great until WinFax Pro 10.02 and Window XP came along. Now, the module has been broken for some time. I have decided to research the issue in an effort to find a solution.

Apparently, I read numerous postings that Winfax 10.02 does play nice with Windows XP. In addition, other posts noted that Symantec does plan future development for WinFax SDK. Yet nobody has pin pointed how to resolve the situation. Initially, I found a workaround by not using WinFax. Today, I aim to not use this workaround; and use WinFax 10.02 on XP.

Symantec has provided no support on this issue. They do not support SDK at all. I have followed their documentation and the module still generates errors. In fact, their SDKSend.exe generates this error, which is similar to my application’s error.

Run-time error ‘-2147417851 (80010105)’:
    Automation error

Ok, I have isolated the first symptom to the cover page collection.

The Cover page and Attachment generate this error. Through reverse deduction I concluded the issue may relate SDKSend object. The SDKSend automation object has trouble initializing. Here’s the line of code used.

Set objSendWinFax = CreateObject(“WinFax.SDKSend”)
    or
    Set objSendWinFax = CreateObject(“WinFax.SDKSend8.0”)

Set objPages = CreateObject(“WinFax.CoverPages”)
    Set objAttachs = CreateObject(“WinFax.Attachments”)

Do I use something like this statement to declare the SDK object?

Dim objSendWinFax As New wfxctl32.CSDKSend
    Or
    Dim objSendWinFax As Object

Let me know if anybody could shed light on this issue. By the way WinFax finally work on my XP test machine. Now, I just have to resolve this SDK issue.

What alternative faxing solutions are available for reemployment? I played with MS Fax, yet the Cover Page editor was never robust enough for me. Plus, I never found SDK assistance for MS Fax. Let me know thoughts on faxing; since I have several applications that need repair.

Anonymous

Have you tried this (it will still not solve other problems with SDK and Windows XP) but should help with the cover page error.

1. Search for the file cover.db in the data directory being using by WinFax.
    2. Select the found file, click File, and click Rename.
    3. Rename the file to cover.old and press Enter, the file is renamed.
    4. Close the Find window.
    5. Start WinFax PRO
    6. In the Message Manager, click View, and click Cover Pages.
    7. Click Tools, and click Maintenance Utility.
    8. Click Launch Applet, select DB file repair and click OK.
    9. Select Cover Page and click OK.
    10. Click Yes to continue with database rebuild.
    11. Ensure the Cover folder is correct. If not, use the browse button to specify the correct location. Click OK.
    12. Click Finish.
    13. Restart the computer and try again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.