Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    topline

I am using windows 2000 and winfax 10.03, I have been using for over 10 years. In the past month or two I have noticed when I come into the office that winfax has been shut down sometime in the night. I would like to know why it is shutting itself down or a way to find out what is shutting down Winfax. My computer is on 24 hrs/day.

JohnD
    Participant

do you leave Message Manager open ? what gets shut down? The Controller?

which of the following processes are active?

“wfxctl32.exe”, “wfxswtch.exe” , “wfxsnt40.exe” ,”faxmng32.exe”, “wfxmod32.exe”, “wfxsvc.exe”

if you are encountering an application error, or other problem, it may be recorded in the “Event Viewer”, Application log, which can be viewed from Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer icon. This may help determine the cause of the error.

Edited By JohnD on 1204044660

topline

Message Manager is not on, I use the controller and that is what shuts itself off.

the following processes are running.
    wfxctl32.exe, wfxsnt40.exe, wfxmod32.exe, and wfxsvc.exe

In the event viewer, I do not notice anything that resembles winfax, I do notice errors in my bitdefender antivirus software. I will look into.

Any other ideas.

JohnD
    Participant

“wfxsnt40.exe” process should be active at all times, it should start up with Windows at boot time. The file is located in the WINNTSystem32 folder.

(“wfxswtch.exe” is only active with Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02 or higher, so in your case it will not be active at all)

The event viewer should list the time/date of the errors, so if other software fails at a time when WinFax decides to close, it is possible they are related.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.