Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    teejay

Hi !

I´m using a Windows XP with SP2 (german).
    And my faxdevice is a U.S. Robotics V92 message modem (245668-02).
    I´m using the latest modem driver from the usr-website.
    The modem has a memory-function so that I can receive faxes even if the PC ist switched off. The faxes will be downloaded from the modem to winfax when the winfax controller is started the next time.

When I receive faxes from some senders, these faxes are distorted and parts are missing – which means: one DIN A4 page will be streched to almost double of its original length. Even the letters are streched.
    And often the lower part of this page will be cut off.
    following pages will look the same or will be missing completely.

This behavior only happens in memory mode (will say: when the PC ist switched off during receiving and the fax is transferred from modem memory to winfax later).

And it seems it only happens with some senders which are using fax-servers (for exaple GFI Faxmaker and similar).
    But it does NOT happen wich all senders which use faxservers: When I send a fax through my hylafax server the fax will arrive all fine – even in memory mode.

I already tried another U.S. Robotics modem (56K Professional Message Modem – also with memory function) – with the same result.
    And I tried another Windows XP SP2 PC – also with the same result.

Does anyone know this behavior ? And a solution ?

Best regards
    Thorsten

teejay

I forgot to say:
    I already updates to 10.04 – no change in behavior 🙁

Administrator
    Keymaster

this has been a reported problem with this modem and WinFax. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any solution to this. It may be occuring because the modem is receiving faxes in LOW/STANDARD 200×100 resolution, and this is causing a problem in WinFax. Faxes received from memory in FINE/HIGH 200×200 resolution may be working. Unfortunately you cannot control the resolution of faxes being received so this is not a solution only a possible reason why the problems exists when receiving some faxes and not all.

Try sending yourself a fax when computer is off, and try both FINE and STANDARD resolutions to determine if the problem is specific to a received fax resolution.

p.s. 10.04 does not fix any modem issues, only fax sharing in Windows XP SP2 in non-mixed fax sharing networks.

Edited By Moderator on 1207716329

teejay

Thank you for aour answer.

I tried now to send faxes in “normal” and also in “high” (fine) resolution.
    And yes: If the fax is sent in “high” resolution (when the pc is switched off), the fax will be “streched”/distorted.

Bad luck that there´s no solution for this problem. So I have to dump the U.S.R-modem.

I bought an Elsa Microlink Office now – and all the problems are gone.

Thanks for your help.
    teejay

Administrator
    Keymaster

@teejay wrote:

Thank you for aour answer.

I tried now to send faxes in “normal” and also in “high” (fine) resolution.
    And yes: If the fax is sent in “high” resolution (when the pc is switched off), the fax will be “streched”/distorted.

Bad luck that there´s no solution for this problem. So I have to dump the U.S.R-modem.

I bought an Elsa Microlink Office now – and all the problems are gone.

Thanks for your help.
    teejay

this will not solve the problem but you can try to open those distorted faxes in the WinFax Viewer, click on File, Export and then export the fax to another format, you can then try printing the fax to see if it is normal size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.