Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    juicecan1000

In checking your forums I see that a lot of people have this problem. I have an old installation of winfax on my machine and I can not figure out how to get rid of it. If you go into add and remove programs it shows up as Symatic Winfax pro. But if you click to remove it, it says that it is missing the winfrax uninstall file. I went in and tried to find anything that had wfx* in a file and removed it. I even tried going in safe mode to remove any winfax items but could not find any. I am at a loss at what to do next. Please help.

artschul

Search the web for “how to manually uninstall winfax pro”. An instruction sheet from Symantic will tell you how.

I am even more stuck. I followed the instructions and still can’t uninstall.

Good Luck!

Anonymous

Uninstall information for WinFax PRO

if you followed the instructions to remove WinFax manually, then you’ll still see the entry under “Add / Remove Programs”.

This Microsoft document tells you how to remove entries in the Add/Remove Programs list that no longer should be listed there (this is after you performed a manual uninstall of a program)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481

Edited By Moderator on 1171594811

juicecan1000

Thanks for your help. That worked perfectly. Now I have other issues on getting it to work. Will send a new post out on that issue.

thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.