Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kburrows

Installed WinFax 10.04 on our Windows 2003R2 server. Install went fine on server and got our XP ProSP2 computers finally to connect to the host; however, everytime I logoff or change users (like remote desktop into the server), the controller shuts down and I get the following message:

“This machine has been configured to host Fax Sharing by other machines. Fax Sharing must be disabled in order to use WinFax locally.”

If I uninstall the program, reinstall it, the controller works again until I remote access, reboot, or logoff. I have no need to fax from this machine. Anyone have any suggestions to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Anonymous

If the server is setup as a fax sharing Host, then you need to have the Controller running at all times. Logging on as a different user, a reboot, or logoff will cause the controller to shutdown and Fax Sharing to fail on all other machines that connect to it. Its unfortunate, but one of the requirements for Fax Host Sharing is that you are logged on to the machine at all times.
    A suggestion would be to have a WinFax Host setup on a machine that you don’t need to log on with different users, reboot (too often) or keep logged off.

kburrows

So, every time I were to reboot any computer used to host, it will drop the Controller and I will have to uninstall and reinstall each time to get the controller back? Is there not a way to restart the controller once the computer has been logged off or rebooted? You are asking for the impossible for a Windows computer not to reboot!

Anonymous

A reinstall is not necessary. You need to log on after the reboot/logoff using the same user logon that was active when WinFax PRO was installed. The controller should automatically start, if not, you need to double click “wfxctl32.exe” in the WinFax directory to start the Controller.

I’d recommend installing WinFax PRO 10.04 on a Windows XP SP2 machine dedicated as a host, and not on the 2003 Server. While WinFax PRO should work on Windows 2003, it is not recommended by Symantec.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.