Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BenY

Hi,
    I use Windows XP home (hebrew) SP2 and Winfax 10.03 upgraded to 10.04, Office XP SBE.
    Since i first installed win fax It `s impossible to print from any application to fax,the fax printer drivers are there, and the office macros too.
    I have uninstalled Winfax and reinstalled it back, applied the latest GetFaxing fix and it still not printing.
    The fix puts out a massege…

“Done processing,But no changes were made”.

What does that mean??? and what else can i do???

I have 2 other computers in my office that are working just fine with Winfax,but this one is a real pain…
    BTW, the other working computers have Office XP pro installed,maybe winfax will not work with Office XP “Small Business Edition” ???

Thank you,
    Yuval.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Does the Send Dialog box appear (where you enter the fax number) when you click on File, Print, WinFax from any application? or does nothing happen when you print to the WinFax PRO printer drivers?

What happens when you print from NOTEPAD ? does it do the same ?

Administrator
    Keymaster

also are you using Windows XP Hebrew as well on the other machines that are working?

what are the port settings for the WinFax PRO Printer driver? is it set to Fax Modem? or LPT port?

BenY

Hi,
    Sorry for my delay…
    I checked it today and, first it does not print from notepad. It shows a small transfer window for a split second and that disappears and nothing happens.The Send Dialog box do not appear.
    Both machines are Win XP hebrew. As for port settings, i will have to check again tomorrow.
    Thank you,
    Yuval.

Administrator
    Keymaster

also, is WinFax PRO the English version?

You can also try the following:

1. From Control Panel, remove both the WinFax and WinFax (Photo Quality) printers. (Right-click and Delete)

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Run the WinFaxNoFaxPagesFix.EXE file. (if message says Done processing, no changes made.) that is OK, continue to next step anyway.

4. Click START, RUN and type %TEMP%
    delete all *.tmp files in this directory.

5. Go to the WinFax install directory (Start, Program Files, Symantec WinFax PRO, Install Directory)

6. Locate the INSPRINT.EXE file and double-click it.
    Confirm that both printer drivers have been re-added in the Control Panel, Printers section (both WinFax and WinFax (Photo Quality)

7. Reboot the computer again, and try printing to the WinFax Printer drivers (via Notepad, Word etc.)

BenY

Hi,
    The version of winfax is english on both machines…
    I have folowed your latest instructions to the letter and still it does not print to fax.
    There are two differances between the two computers,first, the operating system on the disabled WinFax computer is a newer version of Win XP SP2.
    Second, the office is also differant from the working one… the working WinFax has Office Pro while the other has the Office SMB (Small Business Edition).

Administrator
    Keymaster

The installation of Office versions does not matter for the operation of WinFax, since WinFax does not require Office to fax.

You can also check the WINNT directory (or WINDOWS) directory, and check to see if any WFXDRV.TMP or WFXSEM.TMP files exist.

Do not delete any other files in this directory!

You can view the Windows directory by clicking on START, RUN and typing %WINDIR%

I suggest you also perform a search for WFX*.TMP files, by clicking on START, SEARCH, FILES OR FOLDERS and enter WFX*.TMP, Delete any WFX*.TMP files you find.

BenY

Hi,
    I have searched for those .TMP files and found none.
    But when looking in the windows dir i have found a WFXMACRO.INI file , when i opened it, it was empty.
    i went and checked the other computer where the Winfax do function, in order to compare… I couldn`t find this .INI file.
    should this file be there???
    shouldn`t it contain some code??

Administrator
    Keymaster

@BenY wrote:

Hi,
    I have searched for those .TMP files and found none.
    But when looking in the windows dir i have found a WFXMACRO.INI file , when i opened it, it was empty.
    i went and checked the other computer where the Winfax do function, in order to compare… I couldn`t find this .INI file.
    should this file be there???
    shouldn`t it contain some code??

the wfxmacro.ini file is not required or used when printing to the winfax pro printer driver

make sure you have a printer installed , and can print to a local printer as a test. problems printing may cause problems with printing to the winfax pro printer driver.

check the event viewer from the control panel, adminstrative tools to see if there are any error messages regarding printing when you print to the WinFax PRO printer driver.
    more about using the Event Viewer here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Edited By Moderator on 1191981606

BenY

Dear Moderator,
    Is there any other way to work out this problem ??

I really need this Winfax issue resolved…

I`m not a computer expert, What about “Live support”???

Please let me know.
    Yuval.

Administrator
    Keymaster

is the reason you are using 10.04 for fax sharing in Windows XP ? otherwise, do not use 10.04
    i suggest uninstall and install 10.03 only.

also, send me a copy of your WFXINST.LOG in your Windows directory. email to [email protected]
    and we can go from there.

BenY

Hi,
    I did as you suggested and reinstlled version 10.03.
    While going through the final setup i noticed a problem with the spooling,a massege notifing that spooling cannot be stopped so i tryed again and it didn`t help so i continued through cancel.
    Is there a way to overcome the spooling problem?
    btw. i mailed you the log file yesterday.
    Thank you,
    Yuval.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@BenY wrote:

Hi,
    I did as you suggested and reinstlled version 10.03.
    While going through the final setup i noticed a problem with the spooling,a massege notifing that spooling cannot be stopped so i tryed again and it didn`t help so i continued through cancel.
    Is there a way to overcome the spooling problem?
    btw. i mailed you the log file yesterday.
    Thank you,
    Yuval.

try the following:

1. Go to CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS and delete both the WinFax (Photo Quality) and WinFax Printer drivers.
    (Select the printer, right-click, Delete)

2. click START, RUN, type SERVICES.MSC and click OK
    the services window should now appear.
    In the named list, look for

PRINT SPOOLER

double-click the Print Spooler entry, then click "STOP" to STOP the service.

BenY

No luck.
    It didnt help one bit.
    I have uninstalled winfax twice and reinstalled , still not printing…
    Something must be missing here… i don`t know what.

Any ideas?

Yuval.

BenY

I must add that the only problem is to open the send dialoge after the print to fax.
    For some reason the file that`s printed to fax is deleted in the process so the fax sending window never opens.

Yuval.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.