Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    abudalam

Dear sir,

Recently i have format my pc, and installe XP prof. SP2 and I am facing proplem in sending faxes . after i am dialing the number. I can hear the dial tone after that operation error appearing and fax will not go through.
    I appreciate your help in this matter.

[email protected]

JohnD
    Participant

need more details,

have you tested another fax number?
    is there any error message?
    Does it dial the number and do you hear the other fax machine attempting to answer the call? Do you see “Negotiating ..” message or “Training” message in WinFax screen?
    What is the error message in the send log when it fails?

abudalam

@JohnD wrote:

need more details,

have you tested another fax number?
    is there any error message?
    Does it dial the number and do you hear the other fax machine attempting to answer the call? Do you see “Negotiating ..” message or “Training” message in WinFax screen?
    What is the error message in the send log when it fails?

Dear John

Thanks for yourfeedback.

Infact I am using winfax pro 10.01 for the last 4 years it is working fine.

I have tested many fax number but the problem is the same.

Yes it is dialing the number and I hear the other fax machine attmepting to answer the call, and I can see Negotiating ..” message or “Training” message in WinFax screen then after that giving Operation Error and will disconnect.

This problem happen only after I format my pc and installe XP prof. 2002 SP2.

By the way even I am trying to uninstall winfax still i can not and there is a message appear : unable to locate the installation log file C:program fileswinfaxwfxunist.isu. uninstallation will not continue.

kindly help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

JohnD
    Participant

my suggestion is .

1. Reinstall WinFax PRO overtop your existing installation (without uninstalling first) so you can repair the corrupted installation.

2. Find out the manufacturer & type of fax modem you have installed and make sure you have the latest fax modem drivers for your modem. Install the proper fax modem drivers for Windows XP SP2.

abudalam

@JohnD wrote:

my suggestion is .

1. Reinstall WinFax PRO overtop your existing installation (without uninstalling first) so you can repair the corrupted installation.

2. Find out the manufacturer & type of fax modem you have installed and make sure you have the latest fax modem drivers for your modem. Install the proper fax modem drivers for Windows XP SP2.

Dear John

1- I have tried to reinstll winfax overtop the existiong installation, but still i have the same problem . error message appear after dialing the number and connectiong.

2. I have LM-I56N 56K software modem, and I am using the same modem drives which is come with the modem it self.

By the I am using the same modem for internet connection ( dial up) and it is working.
    Is it not necessary if it is working fine with dial up , not to work with winfax with XP SP2?

kindly there is any relation with the proplem if my pc where i am installing winfax connected with other 2 pcs and 2 printer?

I need your help, and please advice me what the proper fax modem to us in my operating system.

JohnD
    Participant

I am not familiar with this modem model,

i suggest posting results of modem diagnostic codes ATi3 ATi4 etc.

Checking the Modem:

From Windows XP START, select Control Panel.
    Doubleclick System.
    This brings up System Properties.
    Select the Hardware tab.
    Then, select Device Manager

The Device Manager is displayed. In some cases, you’ll only have 1 modem related entry ; with some PCI modems, a modem or PCI enumerator may also be involved. You can also test the basic operation of the modem from the Device Manager

In Device Manager, the modem tree is expanded, the modem entry is right-clicked, then Properties is selected in the drop-down menu; The Diagnostics tab of the modem Properties box is selected; this pane includes a Query Modem button: if the modem is correctly installed, the box above the button will display a list of at commands (ati3 , ati4 etc.) and the modem’s actual response to them when you click the Query Modem button.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.