Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Finally time to upgrade from the old Delrina 4.0. I can live with the built-in fax software on my XP Pro SP2 laptop. The opinion is for my desktop PC.

It is currently running Windows Me on a small network with one other Me PC and that laptop. I do NOT use Outlook or Outlook Express, and have no intention using any host/remote functions. Primary use is fax transmission of MS-Word docs and the occasional receipt of large (many page) documents.

Is Winfax 10.0x stable under ME? Is Winfax 9 a better choice? I will likely upgrade the Me PC to XP within a year so… is Winfax 10.0x a stable choice when NOT used with Outlook or networked to any other Winfax PC? …or is the result just a crap-shoot for everybody?

Anonymous

WinFax PRO 10.0x is probably your better choice. If you do get WinFax PRO 9.0, make sure it is release 9.03 or you will encounter problems sending faxes due to a Year 2000 problem that prevented scheduling of faxes.

WinFax PRO 9.0 was developed before the release of Windows Me, so you’re better off using WinFax PRO 10.03.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.