Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    grrlduda

I am a total newbie to faxing. If you have Winfax do you have to have a fax machine or is the only requirement that you connect your pc to your modem?

I use eFax and hate faxing out. For a one page fax, they charged $3.80 or so b/c it took 130 seconds to transmit. Some obscene scenario like that. I’m thinking Internet faxing is still not a great solution for a small business.

Should I go out and buy a $80 fax machine and use Winfax?

Anonymous

An advantage to internet faxing is that it does not take up your resources when faxing, that is, your phone line isn’t busy waiting for all your faxes to go out (assuming your using internet via Cable or DSL). If you only send a few faxes a week or month, then maybe internet faxing isn’t for you. If you already have a PC equipped with a fax modem, you might be better off using a long distance plan with your phone company and using WinFax to send your faxes. It may be cheaper in the long run.

grrlduda

How about purchasing a simple Panasonic KX-FHD331 fax machine? It does fax broadcasting and so I won’t need Winfax. That’s probably really affordable for faxing only locally and 100-200 outbound faxing per month. What do you think?

JohnD
    Participant

I’m not familiar with that model, but if you don’t need PC access to your faxes then it should be fine .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.