Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jfreeman

I use Winfax with a phonebook linked to a Microsoft SQL database table which works great. I have a new program that uses the PostgreSQL database instead of MSSQL. Will Winfax phonebook link with a PostgreSQL database?

Administrator
    Keymaster

It should work as long as you have the appropriate ODBC drivers installed in Windows XP and if PostGresql is backward compatible with older MS SQL

Drivers versions are listed here:
    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

In Windows XP, select Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) to see what drivers are available. You should see the name “Postgre SQL ANSI” listed in the “Drivers” Tab after successful installation of the driver above.

At this point, you >should< be able to link the existing database as a WinFax phonebook via the Add A New Phonebook…by selecting SQL Server via ODBC. WinFax can only link to "System DSNs " (all users) and not "User DSNs" (specific users)

jfreeman

Great, thank you. Right now the postgresql program is installed on a server with Windows 2003 but when I get it on to XP with Winfax I’ll give it a try. Thank you for the reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.