Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    auspice7

I run WinXP Pro SP2(Chinese), MS Office 2003 SP1(Chinese) & WinFax Pro 10.04(English).
    Printer Option shows: WinFax and WinFax(Photo Quality)
    WinFax Pro 10.04 Macro Installer: Word 2002(or later), Excel(or later) -> installed
    Program Setup: Modem and Communication devices -> Internal Modem Com3 tested OK

When I print document to WinFax Printer in Word, I can see the printer icon in the lower function bar runs. However, my WinFax printer log does not have any action for faxing. It is simply deleted after its status says “printed.” I check the StartUp – Printer and Fax – WinFax, there is no task in it.

Then I download and Install WinFax Macro for Word 2003, I still can’t make it works. And I try File -> WinFax (not printer -> WinFax printer), I still have the same problem.

My question:
    1) Is this my software compatibility issue? Is my WinFax port wrong? If so, how come it does not have any error message?
    2) My WinFax printer port is set at “WINFAX,” not at my modem port “COM3.” However, if I switch to “COM3”, I get a pending task message at printing in WinFax printer. I don’t get any error message if I set my print port as “WINFAX.” Why does it automatically delete printing? It is supposed to Print To Fax , the WinFax Log is not actually initiated the fax. Where is the action part for actual faxing?

Please specify how I should solve this problem. Thanks!

Kevin

Anonymous

Try Print , WinFax from another application (such as Notepad, or WordPad) . Does it work? If not you probably have a printer driver install problem. Try reinstalling WinFax PRO.

Turn background printing off in Word if this is a problem specfiic to Word 2003 only.

Usually the port name for the WinFax Printer driver should be set to “FaxModem”

auspice7

@Moderator wrote:

Try Print , WinFax from another application (such as Notepad, or WordPad) . Does it work? If not you probably have a printer driver install problem. Try reinstalling WinFax PRO.

Turn background printing off in Word if this is a problem specfiic to Word 2003 only.

Usually the port name for the WinFax Printer driver should be set to “FaxModem”

Have alreday tried Print , WinFax from another application (such as Notepad, or WordPad) . It doesn’t work!!

>If not you probably have a printer driver install problem.
    And I have already tried reinstalling WinFax PRO 2 more times.
    But still have same problem.

Background printing turned off in Word 2003. It doesn’t work!!

Yes. The port name for the WinFax Printer driver is confirmed to be set to “FaxModem”

Is there any solution?

JohnD
    Participant

Try removing WinFax PRO printer drivers from Printers.
    Reinstall WinFax PRO printer drivers from the Maintenance Utility option under Tools… (in WinFax PRO)
    If that does not work, then last resort is Uninstall WinFax, then reinstall.

Also – I doubt WinFax PRO 10.04 was tested with Chinese version of Windows XP SP2. It may be a compatibility with Chinese version of Windows, but i am not sure about that.

Edited By JohnD on 1127335456

Anonymous

I’m having a similar problem at WindowsXP SP2 English.

Another thing I noticed is that apart from not being able to ‘print’ from another program is that I can’t add any attachment in the Winfax Pro Send program either!
    It doesn’t give any errors, I can pick the file to attach, it says something like opening word for proccessing when I add a .doc file but then.. nothing! As if I never asked him to attach.

I’m using a client-server based set up but another client doesn’t have any problems with this.

The problem wasn’t always there, it happend a few days ago.

Reinstalling the drivers didn’t do any good and I’d like to keep reinstalling Winfax Pro as last resort, anyhow reinstalling didn’t seem to help auspice7 either 🙁

Administrator
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.