Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MikeM

I have winfax 10.02 on XP. Just recently after 3 or 4 faxes sent on my next attempt when I choose winfax from the print options menu and click OK the screen goes black and the computer reboots.
    Any help on this one??

Administrator
    Keymaster

If the reboot occurs after you print to the WinFax PRO printer driver (either WinFax Photo Quality or WinFax) then there is a problem with the printer drivers.

Go to the Control Panel , Printers
    Delete the WinFax Photo Quality and WinFax printers listed here.

Go to the WinFax folder, double-click the INSPRINT.EXE file to reinstall the WinFax PRO printer drivers.

Once reinstalled, reboot the computer.

MikeM

The reboot occurs before – I select Winfax Photo Quality and then click on OK – It is when I click on OK that the reboot occurs – before the winfax window opens.

Administrator
    Keymaster

yes, clicking “OK” is telling Windows you want to print to the WinFax PRO driver, the system at that point should normally display the WinFax Send Dialog box so you can enter information. If the system reboots here, it is a conflict with the printer driver and your system.

MikeM

Thanks for your help. I have deleted and reinstalled the drivers. Will let you know if the problem returns.

pao_pao3

The solution provided by the moderator in this thread worked for me. I sued to have problems with the rebooting of Windows whenever I would print to the Winfax printer. I did the steps mentioned, and I no longer experience the problem with rebooting.

When I deleted the Winfax printers and reinstalled them, the HP printer installed in my PC was also rediscovered by the system. So I assumed that there was a conflict with the HP printer driver and the Winfax drivers.

I just wanted to let you know that the solution here hit the spot. Thank you!

Administrator
    Keymaster

@pao_pao3 wrote:

When I deleted the Winfax printers and reinstalled them, the HP printer installed in my PC was also rediscovered by the system. So I assumed that there was a conflict with the HP printer driver and the Winfax drivers.

I just wanted to let you know that the solution here hit the spot. Thank you!

Glad to hear that worked for you.

Just a note, when you reinstall the WinFax PRO printer drivers (in Windows XP), the Windows Spooler service is stopped so the WinFax drivers can be installed , so it may appear that all your printers get “reinstalled” but that is not the case. When the Printer Spooler is stopped, all your printers vanish from the printers control panel. They re-appear once the print spooler service starts again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.