Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sherwinaval

Hi,

I’m having problems running winfax 10 in a domain environment. The error is “This document failed to print”. The WinFax Pro Send window will appear but the preview of the fax is empty. This only happens when I configure the user as a Domain User only, which is a restricted user, If I configure the user as a Domain Admin, no problems is encountered. I’ve configured the folder security of Winfax to read/write and I’ve configured everything that Symantec Support has stated including the firewall and everything.

System is running under WinXP Pro SP2 (Client Computers) and Win2k3 Server (Domain Server). Winfax host is also running under WinXP Pro SP2.

Note:
    I can’t afford to have all the users have the Admin rights.

Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Anonymous

There is a program in the WinFax directory called REGACCES.EXE you can try this to add users for shared WinFax PRO registry access

sherwinaval

Do I have to do it only on the server or should I do it on all the pc’s connected to the winfax server? Thanks

Anonymous

@sherwinaval wrote:

Do I have to do it only on the server or should I do it on all the pc’s connected to the winfax server? Thanks

on the pc’s that you connect to the WinFax Host.

Administrator
    Keymaster

just want to add winfax printer driver must be local on the pc (no sharing)
    and the user must have read/write access to the %windir%

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.