Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have been running Winfax 10.0 (not the .03 or 4 upgrade) with Windows XP Home with just service pack 1 (not the 2 that seems so incompatible with Winfax in general) I have had absolute no complaints or problems, until today. In the midst of faxing several documents, winfax just stopped responding. I rebooted, to no avail, now when I opened the controller, everything froze, the program would not respond. When I checked the task manager, the winfax controller program was at 99% CPU, I shut it down from there, rebooted again, and did a web search, where I found this page. I have followed all the advice in the Winfax Trouble shoooting link, (rebuilt logs, etc), and nothing has improved the situation. Most of the time, the controller and Message manager open, and then immediately stop responding. When I tried to re-install the printer as advised, at one point I got an error message saying it couldn’t be installed. I am completely at a loss as to A) why this happened, or B) how to fix it. Any help you can give me at all? I don’t want to pay to upgrade to 10.03 if it’s going to be so incompatible with XP, but I don’t really want to start using a different fax software either.
    Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Have you tried a uninstall and reinstall ?

Anonymous

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled with 10.03, still same results with the freezing and crazy high CPU #s. Any other thoughts?

Anonymous

This is something you might want to try,

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….8151704

I suggest backing up the entire WinFax directory first before you attempt this (just incase you lose any fax data)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.