Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stringpickin

Hello and Good day.. I have used winfax for years but on a very basic level. To send faxes every once in a while. I tried to send a fax today for the first time in a month or so. Since then I have started using my dial program to dial numbers for me. I mention that because maybe it is tied to my problem?

When I create a fax and send it, the dialer opens up and before the Dial tone even has a chance to appear it dials. I tried slowing down how fast it dials the number by putting a few commas in front of the number, but that didn’t help the problem because apparently the dial tone is not attempted to be retrieved until the moment it dials the number. The dialing window just waits a bit longer before it dials the number and kicks on the dial tone.

Besides that problem, I tried to have 2 different people send me faxes today, and neither one of them were able to connect. The window came up and said it was training the call, and it showed the fax number that had dialed to it, but just sat there squaking back and forth to eachother until the sending fax machine gave up.

I have had that problem occasionally back in the past, but generally after a couple of attempts the incoming fax would finally work.

I have not made any updates to my machine as of late that I know of. I do use automatic windows updates when notified, but it has been at least 60 days that I recall anything like that going on. I am using Pro 8.3 Winfax.

Any help greatly appreciated..

It is acting as if it is acting exactly backwards. Dials the number then triggers the modem to grab the dial tone.

And of course no receipt of faxes. PAIN..

thank you very much for your help and advice..

String

[email protected]

stringpickin

P.S.. I am using Win XP

JohnD
    Participant

In Program Setup, double-click Dialing and Locations.
    On the General tab,
    check Detect Busy Tone.
    check Detect Dial Tone.
    Click OK, then click Close.

This should tell the modem to wait for dial tone before starting to dial the fax number.

If you still have problems, you need to determine the type of fax modem you have installed and the intialization string setting (in Fax Modem Setup) that is used for WinFax PRO 8.03

stringpickin

Hello and thank you for the help.. But,, that is already checked. In fact I unchecked them and rebooted the program with them unchecked then checked them and rebooted the program in case a possible registry conflict had occurred.. But to no avail..
    The init, string I am using is the same one that i have used for 3 years with succesful faxing the entire time.. Just lately it seems and concurrent with deciding to use the dialing program that Microsoft gives us with Windows. I am stuck man, and I need to do some serious faxing, from my computer.. I wish Delrina was more customer supportive via their website and trouble shooting.. what a pain..

any more advice?? sure do appreciatte your time..

thank you again

JohnD
    Participant

If you still have problems, you need to determine the type of fax modem you have installed and the intialization string setting (in Fax Modem Setup) that is used for WinFax PRO 8.03 and if you are using TAPI and COM PORT mode. As well, Windows dialing or WinFax dialing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.