Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Betto

Hi.
    I am here again with a new question:
    My PC is Winfax server with 4 clients.
    I actually have three archives of messages: 2009, 2010 and the default one.
    Every week I place the messages from the default archive to the 2010 folder, to keep the main archive slim, but in the last days I receive the error

It says:”Insufficent space to copy all messages”.
    In the destination folder I can see the records but no images.
    Winfax is in a partition of about 100 GB, with 63 GB of free space. I guess it should be enough……
    I defragmented 1 hour ago.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes this is a known problem with WinFax and Windows XP (actually, any NTFS file system that is used)
    This is due to a bug in a Windows API function that returns invalid free drive space information under NTFS file system, usually on hard drives with > 64GB of free space. (although it may occur under other conditions)

We are working on a fix for this problem to be released with WinFax Tools.

Betto

Ok, thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

It is interesting that this was working before, and then stopped working. I would assume that the problem is that you had less free space on the hard drive previously, and then when you reached approximately 64 GB of free space, the error message appeared? (eg, less 64 GB free space, error.)

We know why the error occurs, but are not yet sure under what conditions. You can try filling your hard drive with data so you have < 64 GB free (for example, temporarily copy some ISO images or DVD images to the hard drive to take up chunks of 4GB or 8GB space to reduce total free space)

Administrator
    Keymaster

We have released a patch for this that is available for download:

http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/patches/index.php?file=WfxFreeDiskSpacePatch.exe

It will also be available in WinFax Tools.

Betto

@Moderator wrote:

It is interesting that this was working before, and then stopped working. I would assume that the problem is that you had less free space on the hard drive previously, and then when you reached approximately 64 GB of free space, the error message appeared? (eg, less 64 GB free space, error.)

We know why the error occurs, but are not yet sure under what conditions. You can try filling your hard drive with data so you have < 64 GB free (for example, temporarily copy some ISO images or DVD images to the hard drive to take up chunks of 4GB or 8GB space to reduce total free space)

Sorry, I see your answer only today….
    My Winfax keeps giving the same error but the free space on disk is now around 70 GB.
    I am trying to download the patch, but I think my antivirus doesnt like this…
    Anyway thank you, when I’ll try the patch I’ll to tell you the results

Betto

I can’t download the patch, the system is asking me for a password… 🙁

Administrator
    Keymaster

You’ll need to use your subscription user name and password to download any of the fixes or patches make available for WinFax PRO
    http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm#forums

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.