Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ringadeal

winfax always freezes upon startup. Problem still persists after fresh install

JohnD
    Participant

is this a brand new install with no existing data (you are not installing overtop an existing data folder?) or does the data folder already exist?
    Did you try a Repair of the status.wfb file (using Rebuild Logs & Phonebooks option) ?

ringadeal

this does seem like an idea except that the issue exists on a company computer that is not connected to the internet and thus does not have winfax tools installed on it. I therefore attempted to manually repair the logs by following steps provided by Symantec and I receive a message stating something like the database rebuild is aborted because of an application that is running. I believe there are no applications running including winfax.

JohnD
    Participant

You can copy the winfaxtools program on a disc, or usb device and run it on that computer without the internet access.

WinFax Tools should properly shut down the WinFax Service that may be the cause of that warning message.

Also, was the “memory cannot be read” problem ever resolved?

ringadeal

thanks for your suggestion, I will try that.

And YES the “memory cannot be read” error is completely RESOLVED!!! (What a relief). Thank you so much for all your help on this. You have definitely targeted the problem by changing to CLASS 2.0 mode.

I was still getting to letting you know this but was waiting for some spare time to describe the other problem I’m experiencing in greater detail. The next problem is something I can deal with but why not strive for perfection. I will start a new post shortly for it….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.