Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    allenle

From time to time winfax 10.03 freezes when recieving a fax. I leave this on at night and sometimes people fax to us and it looks like it is recieving, but it is stuck and other people can’t send in. Does anyone know y?

Anonymous

@allenle wrote:

From time to time winfax 10.03 freezes when recieving a fax. I leave this on at night and sometimes people fax to us and it looks like it is recieving, but it is stuck and other people can’t send in. Does anyone know y?

could be a modem related issue, is the computer locked up, or is it just WinFax stuck on the “receiving” page?
    What type of fax modem is installed?
    what are your settings for this modem in WinFax?
    Do you have the latest TAPI drivers for the modem?
    do you have screen savers and/or applications that execute (virus scan, adware scans etc., scheduled backups) that run in the middle of the night that could possibly conflict with WinFax?

allenle

The modem stops responding. I end the task of the modem that is not responding. Right now I am using a creative modem and the modem that came with the computer which is a conexant. One is set as tapi and the other is set as to a com port.

Anonymous

One set as TAPI and the other as com port may be the problem. I would suggest both set to TAPI if possible, or both set to COM port mode.

artisan

We have been having a similar problem receiving faxes. We use WinFax Pro 10.02. We have 4 computers networked. All use winfax but only one machine is set to automatically receive faxes. Sometimes while receiving a fax, the program hangs. We can terminate the program (terminating twice using task manager will allow the winfax to reset to automatically receive) but we cannot recover the fax that was incoming when the program froze. Any ideas?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@artisan wrote:

We have been having a similar problem receiving faxes. We use WinFax Pro 10.02. We have 4 computers networked. All use winfax but only one machine is set to automatically receive faxes. Sometimes while receiving a fax, the program hangs. We can terminate the program (terminating twice using task manager will allow the winfax to reset to automatically receive) but we cannot recover the fax that was incoming when the program froze. Any ideas?

i suggest posting your message in a new topic, with the appropriate details regarding your setup (fax modem type etc.)

kkerrison

I have this problem too. Winfax continues to be in receiving message mode until I take an axe to it. My fix is to open a new message folder called wog, exit winfax, re-start and move the message (still in the send with the lightning flash sign) to wog and then I delete wog.

There must be an easier way!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.