Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    djsmith

WinFAX Pro 10.3 was working perfectly until I was forced to remove all Symantec software (including WinFAX) when I had a problem with Norton Internet Security 2007. I had to reinstall NIS2007 and NSW2006 before reinstalling WinFAX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Now NIS and NSW are working well but I am unable to complete the installation of WinFAX. It hangs during the configuration cycle. I have gone over the suggestions in this forum but have not yet found a solution to this problem that works. I have tried running WTNSETUP.EXE seperately but this hangs also. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Administrator
    Keymaster

have you tried the suggestions in the pinned topic about WinFax hanging during install

djsmith

Yes I did, and the “Turn off advanced text services” box was already checked.

Administrator
    Keymaster

you should uncheck it, then reboot and go back and check it again. Reboot and then try again.

If that does not work, when does it hang? during which install screen?

djsmith

I did as you suggested, but I still have the same problem. It seems as though the actual install of WinFAX Pro is successful. It reaches the point where a dialog box appears with a “Finish” button. Clicking this button starts the configuration program, where it would normally come up with the CID information box. However, it locks up before this and I have to use task manager to stop the program. If I try to access the FAX Manager I am told that “the application will not run until WTNSETUP.EXE has run to completion…..” By loading WTNSETUP.EXE I get to exactly the same point where the program hangs. It is this configuration program that does not seem to want to run to completion.

Administrator
    Keymaster

you might want to try this:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….ocument

but, rather than following all the directions, just follow the steps under

1. Restart in Safe mode
    2. Delete temporary files

and just double-click WTNSETUP.EXE from the WinFax directory to begin the configuration (since you’ve already installed WinFax)

once wtnsetup runs ok and you go through the entire setup, reboot Windows normally and then try running WTNSETUP again and see if the setup works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.