Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rjonkman

A program that has been in use for some time (years), suddenly seamed to have stopped working. That is, I made a sight change in the code (concerning the amount of whitespace between lines) and after a recompile, the program suddenly won’t get past a line asking if (winfaxisEntryIDReady(0)==0). After that, ofcourse I got a backup and tried that one, but winfax still would not get me an entryid. Same for 2 other backups I tried (all 3 are from slightly different versions over the last half year — which have worked then). After that i tried reinstalling winfax, but to no avail; it still would never get at a point where an entry id could be made.

The code used is a very close match to the one at this page (http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/delphi.txt), so I made a new test program using the code from that page. I would not get an entry id. (the only modification on the code there is filling in the recipients number and making a document by selecting the winfax printer and making some text:
    printer.printerindex := 2; //winfax printer, no need to make any check, it’s just a test program
    printer.begindoc;
    printer.canvas.textout(100,100,’123′);
    printer.enddoc;

So at this point, I don’t have a clue what to try / do to solve this problem. The operating system is windows 2000 (as) and I’m using winfax 10.3. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

First check to see if you can actually send a fax properly from WinFax itself. Without using any code try sending a fax from an application that uses the WinFax PRO printer driver to generate a fax image.

I’ve found that sometimes a messed up WinFax log (or other install problem) causes isentryIdready to fail.

rjonkman

Sending a fax from another program appears to be no problem; Same goes for anything I just send to the ‘winfax’ printer. Ofcourse in that case, no winfax object is needed to send settings to or receive an entryid..

(getting the entry id is the only problem, the rest of the communication works ok).

I’ll try if a complete uninstall (using this guide at symantec), then reinstall without using backup settings and check back here. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

@rjonkman wrote:

Sending a fax from another program appears to be no problem; Same goes for anything I just send to the ‘winfax’ printer. Ofcourse in that case, no winfax object is needed to send settings to or receive an entryid..

(getting the entry id is the only problem, the rest of the communication works ok).

I’ll try if a complete uninstall (using this guide at symantec), then reinstall without using backup settings and check back here. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

What operating system are you using? Did that change recently? I am assuming you recently (within the last year) updated to version 10.03?

rjonkman

The problem at which it stopped working was a minor change in the software. The operating is windows 2000 advanced server (which i know symantec does not recommend from an earlier topic). I was however able to get it to work, and it has worked for months now. It seemed just like a fluke that it wouldn’t send anything anymore.

After the reinstalling i did today (with complete removal of every file and registry setting winfax-related), I could get faxing to work again, using exactly the same settings, exactly the same program and exactly the same faxes.

(I must say that i had some problems removing one of the dll files from the winfax directory. I don’t recall the name, but after searching the registry it was apparently mounted to some dcom configuration number, which after deleting it and a restart, would let go of it’s lock on the file. This was already in safe mode.

Thanks for your help in this. I must say i was a bit desparate when the problem persisted after the initial reinstall of winfax. Everything seems to be fine now, though ๐Ÿ™‚

The only problem I have now is that the markup of the page still is different everytime (from the other topic), but that’s because the guy who programmed the ‘main’ program didn’t really care for setting some kind of standard. Faxes come in either 200 or 600 dpi, with different settings for linespacing, font size, etc, which by some kind of miracle did work on the older version… But that’s my own problem ๐Ÿ™‚ — thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.