Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

hi all… i downloaded wfxpro macro from symetric for my fax support. I am using XP with word 2000. After i installed the software if i open the word document it gives error like “compile error in hidden mode :wfxmacro” like… what may be the pbm….

bala

JohnD
    Participant

what version of WinFax do you have installed ?

Anonymous

Did the WinFax PRO 10.04 patch correct Fax Sharing problems for you?

BackSpacer

no. i no longer have the rpc problem, but i am now having the cannot connect to host problem. :angry:

Anonymous

do you have windows xp firewall on? if so, try adding “wfxctl32.exe” as an exception along with “faxmng32.exe”

Anonymous

I called Symantec support and they told me that the problem was due to windows xp service pack 2.
    I had to uninsall and re install winfax then apply a 10.04 patch.
    Reboot and try.
    Now when I try to print to winfax I get winfax appearing to hang.
    Then I went to task manager, a process called WFXCTL32.EXE keeps turning on, at the moment I have 103 instances of this running. What the heck do I do to fix this?
    I reboot and try to use it and the problem continues. There is no stopping it either it just keeps adding WFXCTL32.EXE until XP crashes.
    This is a disaster! Symantec India says they’ll have somebody call me back in the next 24 hours (On a Friday)

Anonymous

@Georgetpug wrote:

I called Symantec support and they told me that the problem was due to windows xp service pack 2.
    I had to uninsall and re install winfax then apply a 10.04 patch.
    Reboot and try.
    Now when I try to print to winfax I get winfax appearing to hang.
    Then I went to task manager, a process called WFXCTL32.EXE keeps turning on, at the moment I have 103 instances of this running. What the heck do I do to fix this?
    I reboot and try to use it and the problem continues. There is no stopping it either it just keeps adding WFXCTL32.EXE until XP crashes.
    This is a disaster! Symantec India says they’ll have somebody call me back in the next 24 hours (On a Friday)

Did you install version 10.04 on top of 10.03?? wfxctl32.exe is the WinFax Controller. If this keeps on starting, you may have corrupt send/receive logs. Have you tried rebuilding the logs using the rebuild repair utility? *search on rebuild in this forum for instructions on how to run this*

Anonymous

I followed the “Installing the Winfax PRO 10.04 update” instructions to a tee, and it still will not work for me. I’m still getting the same “RPC Server is unavailable” error message. :angry: I made sure that both of the filenames mentioned above are excluded in the Windows Firewall.

Does anybody know of any reasonably priced fax software that works over a small network (4 computers)?

Anonymous

@JessicaInOhio wrote:

I followed the “Installing the Winfax PRO 10.04 update” instructions to a tee, and it still will not work for me. I’m still getting the same “RPC Server is unavailable” error message. :angry: I made sure that both of the filenames mentioned above are excluded in the Windows Firewall.

Does anybody know of any reasonably priced fax software that works over a small network (4 computers)?

Can you ping the host machine from the client, and client from the host?

are you using an IP address in the WinFax client setup, or do you have a computer name listed?

Anonymous

I am able to ping the client from the host, and vice versa. I’m using the host’s computer name when I try to set up the client for sharing.

Anonymous

@JessicaInOhio wrote:

I am able to ping the client from the host, and vice versa. I’m using the host’s computer name when I try to set up the client for sharing.

Try using the IP address instead. For example , 192.168.0.3
    Also the Host and Client should be a on the same subnet , for example if the host is 192.168.0.1 then the clients should all be on the 192.168.0.x subnet
    If your host is 192.168.100.3 and your clients are 192.168.0.x then it may not work.

You should also temporarily disable the Windows Firewall while troubleshooting, and make sure you do not have any other type of fireware (hardware or software) active as this may cause problems.

Anonymous

@Moderator wrote:

@JessicaInOhio wrote:

Also the Host and Client should be a on the same subnet , for example if the host is 192.168.0.1 then the clients should all be on the 192.168.0.x subnet
    If your host is 192.168.100.3 and your clients are 192.168.0.x then it may not work.

You should also temporarily disable the Windows Firewall while troubleshooting, and make sure you do not have any other type of fireware (hardware or software) active as this may cause problems.

My machines are on the same subnet, I disabled the Windows firewall, tried setting up the client using IP instead of computer name, and still no luck. I have no other firewall software installed.

Anonymous

@JessicaInOhio wrote:

@Moderator wrote:

@JessicaInOhio wrote:

My machines are on the same subnet, I disabled the Windows firewall, tried setting up the client using IP instead of computer name, and still no luck. I have no other firewall software installed.

are both machines Windows XP SP 2 with all security updates?

JohnD
    Participant

Ok, the first check is can you ping the IP address from client to the host machine.

From the WinFax directory, double-click the WFXPING.EXE file and try to ping the Host machine.
    Type the IP address and PING, also try selecting the computer name and PING.

If that works, the next step is to ensure both the Host and Client(s) are using the same version of WinFax. Click Help, About in WinFax to determine the version.

If you are using Windows XP (SP2) on the Host and/or any of the clients, you need to perform the steps to enable Fax Host sharing as outlined by Symantec. See this document:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….1425704

NOTE: Do not install WinFax PRO 10.04 unless you already have version 10.03. Version 10.03 is not available via LiveUpdate, and is available from Symantec directly.
    EDIT: Try LiveUpdate first to see if 10.03 is available before patching to 10.04.

Next, reboot the Host machine and run “wtnsetup.exe” from the WinFax directory. This will reconfigure your fax devices.
    Do the same with the client machine.

These steps should work fine for WinFax PRO 9.0x, TalkWorks PRO 3.0, and WinFax PRO 10.0x

Edited By JohnD on June 29 2005 at 10:38

rtchong

@JohnD wrote:

NOTE: Do not install WinFax PRO 10.04 unless you already have version 10.03. Version 10.03 is not available via LiveUpdate, and is available from Symantec directly.

Does that mean that although after liveupdate “About Winfax” reports 10.03 in reality it still is 10.02? Isn’t that a deceptive way of LiveUpdate?

Ronald

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.