Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    undacova

Hello.

So I have 10 computers here and they all have the same problem.

After installing WinFax 10, the setup program does not install the printer.

I updated to 10.3 and they still don’t have the printer installed.

So I installed the winfax printer manually (using the winfax port and drivers). These seems to work well.

But once I restart the printer spooler (or restart the computer), the printer disappears, so I have to reinstall the printer again, and again and again and again.

I disconnected one of the computers from my domain (standalone) and tried installing the printer… but the same problems happen.

I downloaded and purchased the WinFax tools program and used the utility to install the printer driver. After clicking on the icon, nothing happens, and no printer gets installed. So the WinFax tools did nothing.

I have no idea how to fix this…

Can I get some help please???

Computers: WinXP SP3, Dell Optiplex, 3 GB RAM, dual Core processors

-Undacova

Administrator
    Keymaster

Ok I understand that everytime the Printer Spooler is restarted, the WinFax printers are purged?
    Are both printer drivers removed? (WinFax and WinFax (Photo Quality) ?)

Before I suggest anything, I recommend that you check some information first in WinFax

In WinFax Tools click on WinFax Info, then click Yes to see more info.

Assuming you are using 10.03 or higher, In the first few blocks of information, you should see:

Wfxmnt40.dll: 12/12/2002 7:44:00 AM Size: 135680
    Wfxmnthq.dll: 12/12/2002 7:44:00 AM Size: 136704
    Wfxsnt40.exe: 12/12/2002 8:45:00 AM Size: 45568

Do the file dates and sizes above match what is displayed in WinFax Tools?

You can cut & paste the info listed and post it in a reply,

Also, under List of Known Fax Processes, what processes are listed? You should have (at least) :

wfxsnt40.exe
    and,
    wfxswtch.exe

for versions 10.02 or higher under Windows XP.

undacova

Answers:

1. The drivers never delete, just the printer (when spooler is restarted).

2. Winfax info:
    WinFax About.Cfg Version : 10.0
    WinFax About.Cfg Display Version : 10.0
    WinFax registry version reported : 10.0

Program Path : C:WinFax
    Data/Fax default Path : C:WinFaxData
    Cover Pages Path : C:WinFaxCover

Base Operating System : XP
    Logged in as Administrator account : True

Wfxmnt40.dll: 2/14/2000 5:36:18 PM Size: 131072
    Wfxmnthq.dll: 2/14/2000 5:36:20 PM Size: 132608
    Wfxsnt40.exe: 2/14/2000 5:36:22 PM Size: 43008

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:Documents and SettingsAll Users
    APPDATA=C:Documents and SettingsproductionApplication Data
    CommonProgramFiles=C:Program FilesCommon Files
    COMPUTERNAME=OFFICE1
    ComSpec=C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe
    DEFLOGDIR=C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMcAfeeDesktopProtection
    FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
    HOMEDRIVE=C:
    HOMEPATH=Documents and Settingsproduction
    LOGONSERVER=\K1
    NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
    OS=Windows_NT
    Path=C:WINDOWSsystem32;C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSSystem32Wbem;C:WINDOWSsystem32WindowsPowerShellv1.0;C:Program FilesNTRU CryptosystemsNTRU TCG Software Stackbin;C:Program FilesWave Systems CorpGemaltoAccess Clientv5;c:Program FilesCommon FilesRoxio SharedDLLShared;c:Program FilesCommon FilesRoxio Shared10.0DLLShared
    PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.PSC1
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
    PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
    PROCESSOR_REVISION=170a
    ProgramFiles=C:Program Files
    PSModulePath=C:WINDOWSsystem32WindowsPowerShellv1.0Modules
    RoxioCentral=c:Program FilesCommon FilesRoxio Shared10.0Roxio Central36
    SESSIONNAME=Console
    SystemDrive=C:
    SystemRoot=C:WINDOWS
    TEMP=C:DOCUME~1PRODUCTIONILOCALS~1Temp
    TMP=C:DOCUME~1PRODUCTIONLOCALS~1Temp
    USERDNSDOMAIN=DOMAIN.LOCAL
    USERDOMAIN=DOMAIN
    USERNAME=production
    USERPROFILE=C:Documents and Settingsproduction
    VSEDEFLOGDIR=C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMcAfeeDesktopProtection
    windir=C:WINDOWS

Process:
    c:windowssystem32WFXSVC.EXE
    c:windowssystem32WFXSNT40.EXE

That is all…

Administrator
    Keymaster

1. This installation of WinFax PRO you are reporting is version 10.0 not 10.03.
    2. Update WinFax Tools to the latest version (click Check for Updates)
    3. Install the printer, by using the option Install Printer Driver or Manual Printer Driver install options found in WinFax Tools (under Install & Setup Tools) – If Install Printer Driver does not work, then use Manual Printer Driver Install option. The Manual Printer Driver Install option will only add the WinFax PRO printer, not the Photo Quality driver.
    4. Using RegEdit, verify that the following registry key value exists:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-2WinFax
    5. Close RegEdit.
    6. Stop the Spooler, and restart the Spooler – click start, run and type “net stop spooler” enter and then, do the same “net start spooler” to restart it.
    7. Check Printers, confirm if the WinFax printer is no longer listed. If so, go to next step. Else, the printer should remain installed and you are done.
    6. Go back to step 4 and verify if this key still exists. Is it missing?

undacova

Did everything you instructed…

Printer still disappears after spooler restart…

Registry key exists before and after spooler restart…

undacova

Btw…

The only way I was able to install the printer using WinFax tools was to do the manual install…

Administrator
    Keymaster

I am assuming that the Manual Printer install worked, but after restarting the spooler, the printer WinFax was no longer available?

What are the messages (if any) that appear in the Event Viewer after you stop and restart the printer spooler? Is there a message regarding the deletion of the WinFax printer?

Check the Printer Spooler Service Settings. In Control Panel, double-click the Services icon.
    Click the Spooler service, and click the Log On Tab. Verify that the service is configured to log on using the system account, and that it is allowed to interact with the desktop. Check the Dependancies listed. It should show RPC.

How many total printers do you have installed? How many are local printers? How many are virtual printers ( PDF creators, Windows Fax etc) ?

How many printer drivers do you have installed? (Driver files can still be installed even when the printer was deleted) *From Control Panel, Printers & Faxes. Click File, Server Properties, Drivers Tab.*
    Of the printer drivers listed above, do you have any other Type 2 drivers installed? Type 2 drivers will be indicated in the list as “Windows NT 4.1 or 2000” – you can confirm they are type 2 by checking the Driver Path (click Properties) if the driver path is C:Windowssystem32spooldriversw32x862 , then it is a Type 2 driver.

After stopping and restarting the print spooler,

Check for the existance of these keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintPrintersWinFax
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintMonitorsWinFax Ports
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86Print ProcessorsWfxPrint
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-2WinFax

You’ll have matching “WinFax (Photo Quality)” entries for the Photo Quality printer (if it is, or was installed)

Do they all exist? are any missing? or empty?

What files do you have located in this folder:
    C:WINDOWS/system32/spooldriversw32x86
    and,
    C:WINDOWS/system32/spooldriversw32x862

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.