Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Can someone tell me why after I use the Winfax Macro, the WinFax Log does not actually initiated the fax? The Winfax Log changed it status from “Printed” to “Deleted.” and it disapear.

I do not think there is any error and I can fax directly from Win Fax Pro 10.0. However, by using word winfax macro. It never actually did “print to fax” action.

Do I need a winfax driver?

Please help ASAP!

Steven

Anonymous

Hi Steven,

This is likely a problem because you are using WinFax PRO 10.02, which is not compatible with the macros. Are you using Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02?

Anonymous

I am using Windows XP and Win Fax 10.02 and am getting the same problem. When I try to merge it comes up with a message titled “WinFax Merge Fax” with two options:

“Cancel Merge” and “Pause Merge”

And it’s not printing or doing anything.

Please help,
    Ryan

Anonymous

Hi,
    Unfortunately, there is a bug in WinFax that causes this problem. We would gladly fix it, and give it free to all our customers, however, this is something that can only be fixed within the WinFax program itself, not the merge macro. It only effects Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02. It does not have the same problem if you use version 10.00 of WinFax (the bug exists only in the 10.02 version). Symantec has updated the version of WinFax to 10.03 that is to fix this problem however, we have not verified this.

There are a few options you have:

1. Use WinFax PRO 10.0 instead of Winfax PRO 10.02
    2. Use Windows 2000 or Windows 98/SE instead of Windows XP
    3. Contact Symantec and obtain version 10.03, which may have some sort of handling/shipping charge.

Sorry we cannot be of further assistance on this. Hope this helps you.

Edited By Moderator on Aug. 08 2003 at 16:56

ianc

I have the same problem and it is very annoying taking into consideration your website says and I quote: “Compatible with WinFax Basic Edition included with Norton SystemWorks and all WinFax PRO versions 8.0x, 9.0x and 10.x. Also compatible with TalkWorks PRO versions 2.0 and 3.0.

Anonymous

We will update our Web site to reflect this

ianc

I see your website has not been updated and you cannot install Version 10.0 under Windows XP

Anonymous

You can install version 10.0 with Windows XP. It is not supported by Symantec, but you can install it without problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.