Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone here is using release 10.02 with Window XP? What are your experiences?

DutchSpirit

Hi there I’m running WinFax 10.2 on windows XP Pro and it works great.

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the GetFaxing forums!

Anonymous

I have incountered several problems with XP all of which are minor. Now Office XP is an entirely different subject. One should see the listed problems on the MicroSoft web site which then directs yoiu to Symantec.

Anonymous

Hi Paul, do you have a link to that specific Microsoft document listing WinFax problems with XP?

Anonymous

Hello Moderator,

I hope this is the correct link:
    [url=http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q309014

If]http://support.microsoft.com/directo….p>

If[/url] not, the Q309014 document will acheive the results.

Symantec is offering a ‘work-around’ for this problem (which is not the same as where the Microsoft link points). It is still ‘in-house’ and not available on the web site yet.
    If one is willing to put up with some of the longer tech support waits, you can indicate that you have the problem with your Outlook 2002 and WinFax 10.02 and not pay the fee.

DutchSpirit

I’m running winfax 10.2 with office 2000 on windows XP professional and it does all that I want from it including outlook integration.
    but seen the problems with office XP I’ll stick to office 2K

jgothard

I have WinFax 10.02 installed on Win XP Pro service pac 2. When I ask WinFax to send I get the message “no dial tone”. WinFax tests the modem as good – on COM 3. When I go to the Tools menue I find that only COM 1 & 2 show up. TAPI is highlighted. Re-install dosen’t help. Can any one tell me how to “fix” it?

Anonymous

@jgothard wrote:

I have WinFax 10.02 installed on Win XP Pro service pac 2. When I ask WinFax to send I get the message “no dial tone”. WinFax tests the modem as good – on COM 3. When I go to the Tools menue I find that only COM 1 & 2 show up. TAPI is highlighted. Re-install dosen’t help. Can any one tell me how to “fix” it?

You can try the steps outlined in this document
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/docid/199822114730

Test in HyperTerminal:

Exit all open Communications programs.
    Click Start, point to Programs, then to Accessories, and then click HyperTerminal. The HyperTerminal folder window appears.
    Double-click HyperTerminal or Hypertrm.exe. The HyperTerminal window appears.
    Type any name for the connection in the Name field of the Connection Description dialog box.
    Click OK. The Phone Number dialog box appears.
    Type any number in the Phone Number field.
    Select the modem from the “Connect Using” drop-down list. The default selection will do in most cases.
    Click OK. The Connect dialog box appears.
    Click Cancel.
    In the blank HyperTerminal window, type atz and then press Enter. The modem should respond with OK. If your modem does not respond at all, or does not respond with OK, it is not configured properly in Windows.
    In the HyperTerminal window, type atdtXXXXX (where XXXXX is the phone number), and then press Enter.
    NOTE: The refers to the entire dialing sequence of a number. If you need to dial a prefix, add it here as well. You should hear the modem pick up and dial the number. If you see a message indicating that there is no dial tone, then contact your phone company for assistance.
    In the HyperTerminal window, type atz and then press Enter. You should see an OK response.
    Exit HyperTerminal. There is no need to save the changes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.