Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nash

Hi

I have Winfax Pro 10.02 installed , my operating system is Windows XP home SP2 and I have MS Office 2002 installed. I do have Outlook installed, but my default email is OE. The fax program faxes fine, however my personal information has recently changed and I cannot update the user information or other set up information in the program. As soon as I try to update any user information the Winfax Pro Message Manager program closes or I get a fault protection message.

Any suggestions?

nash

I just found an answer to my problems posted elsewhere on this site.

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib315/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=24;t=7

Worked like a charm!! Sorry to bother you.

:laugh:

Edited By Moderator on 1193805256

junque2k2

Just a note.. (the fix worked!) on Re-Start I got a BSD and had to use Last Known Good. Problem apparently was Ahead Nero 6 when Text Services = OFF. When I turned Text Service = ON the system Re-Start was successful. Also, first attempt to enter the wtnsetup CSID failed. I did another re-start and next time left the CSID field blank and just clicked NEXT to complete the setup. It works! Big Thanks to MARIE and getfaxing forums.

cabsav42

This fix didn’t work for me! I still have the same problem of not being able to edit user details.

Any other suggestions?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@cabsav42 wrote:

This fix didn’t work for me! I still have the same problem of not being able to edit user details.

Any other suggestions?

follow these steps

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib315/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=24;t=7

cabsav42

I’m sorry. This IS the fix that doesn’t work for me! Any other suggestions?

cabsav42

My issue with Winfax Pro appear to be related to Internet Explorer 7. I am having similar issues (although not the same) with other software such as Photplus 8 and researching this it appears IE7 is the problem. I was reading a forum on the Serif website (Photplus) confirming this and apparently Serif are working on a N.1 patch to fix the problem. Does anyone know of Microsoft endeavoring to fix this problem they appear to have created?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@cabsav42 wrote:

My issue with Winfax Pro appear to be related to Internet Explorer 7. I am having similar issues (although not the same) with other software such as Photplus 8 and researching this it appears IE7 is the problem. I was reading a forum on the Serif website (Photplus) confirming this and apparently Serif are working on a N.1 patch to fix the problem. Does anyone know of Microsoft endeavoring to fix this problem they appear to have created?

I would suggest you post a new topic with the information related to your setup, with a description of the exact problem you are encountering. What version of WinFax? (Help, about winfax..) what operating system/service pack level? what steps you follow to reproduce the problem in Winfax?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.