Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kevin1958

No so sure if this is new or not.

I have always got along with Winfax Software even with XP SP2 issues.

A few days ago one of our client based systems started with the following error message

Winfax Pro is unable to connect to Winfax Pro Host station called xxx.xxx.x.xxx. Cannot check for received events.

All other client based systems are functioning properly.

The only change to the system that has been made in the last few days is installation of Nero 7 Ultra and the disabling of NAV Internet Worm Protection Firewall.

This one has me stumped.

Any ideas??

Anonymous

By disabling the NAV Worm Protection Firewall, did you enable the Windows XP firewall? If so, make sure you have “wfxctl32.exe” in the exceptions list.

kevin1958

The XP firewall is allways disabled since we use a NAT router. We always cover our bases though and have the controller in the exception list.

NAV Internet Worm Protection is disabled on all computers and the host machine and the 2 other clients function ok

Anonymous

reboot, turn off “fast user switching” if it is enabled in Windows XP.
    Check if you can ping the Host machine with command line “ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” and using wfxping.exe in WinFax directory.
    Perform “WinFax PRO 10.0 troubleshooting” suggestions from the link at the top of this forum page.

kevin1958

No. that’s not it either

Anonymous

@kevin1958 wrote:

No. that’s not it either

Did you try rebuilding logs on the Host machine?

is host and client(s) on same network segment?

try running HostUtil.exe from the WinFax directory (on the Host machine) to determine what connections (if any) are being made?

kevin1958

Alas, none of these suggestions work.

Pings are good, the 2 other systems on the network are running fine. The only change to the affected machine was the installation of Nero Ultra 7.0.

Oh well, time for an enima on this unit anyways.

Anonymous

@kevin1958 wrote:

Alas, none of these suggestions work.

Pings are good, the 2 other systems on the network are running fine. The only change to the affected machine was the installation of Nero Ultra 7.0.

Oh well, time for an enima on this unit anyways.

I don’t see how Nero could effect the operation of WinFax PRO. Its likely something else unrelated…

kevin1958

The problem has been solved, I hope.

It perhaps was the “Interface not registered” problem related to outlook 2002 that recently cropped up.

I registered the Ole32.dll file and “poof” the client connects.

Thanks for all your input. It’s appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.