Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Got WinFax Pro 10.03, installed in Windows XP.

Installed with administrator priviledge, working fine while logging in as administrators.

Once login as normal user (limited account), WinFax Pro stops working. Error message:

The following error occurred when attempting to open a folder.

“No access”.

A system error occurred. That drive is wirte protected.

Can’t find a solution in symantec website. Anybody can help?

Anonymous

Login with Admin privledges and then try these steps

1. Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
    3. Type regedt32 in the Run field, and click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
    3. Select the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareDelrina

4. Do one of the following:

– Windows 2000.
    Click Security and click Permissions. The Permissions for Delrina dialog box appears.

– Windows XP.
    Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareDelrina and then click Permissions.

5. Select Administrators and enable the Allow box next to Read and Full Control.
    6. Repeat the process for the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDelrina

7. Exit the Registry Editor and restart Windows.

Anonymous

Really appreciate your reply. I tired, but it’s not working on my case.

This is really strange.

Anonymous

when do you get this error message? when clicking on a send log or other folder? Does the rest of the program seem to function?

Anonymous

1st, this happened on those limited accounts in my Windows XP.

2nd, this happened when tring to send a fax, or right after opening the WinFax Pro Message Manager.

Rest of the program are working but doesn’t make sense, because can’t send fax.

I almost gave up. I uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times. Even tried manual uninstallation. It just not working. Maybe I should try a typical installation.

Thank you anyway.

JohnD
    Participant

Log on to Windows XP, using an account with local administrative privileges.
    Click Start.
    Point to Search, and click All Files or Folders. The Search Results box appears.
    From the Look In drop-down list, select the drive where WinFax PRO is installed.
    In the “All or part of file” name field, type regacces.exe and click Find Now. Windows displays all files matching the search criteria.
    Double-click the found file. The WinFax Shared Settings Permission’s dialog box appears.
    Click Add.
    Add the users who should have read and write access to the WinFax PRO registry keys, and then click OK.
    Click OK again.
    Shut down, and then restart Windows.
    Test to see if the problem is solved.

Anonymous

Sorry for not mentioning it. This was the first thing I tried when I run into this problem.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work.

Thank you anyway.

Anonymous

By the way, I tried to install/uninstall couple of times. And also tried to install in different options. It was just not working for me.

The funny thing is, even when I login as administrators, I have to start the controller before using WinFax. Which is not necessary for WinFax 10.0. I am using WinXP + Office 2003, so I have to upgrade to 10.03. This issue is mentioned in Symantec support site, and addressed as a known problem to be solved.

Anyway, thank you all for helping.

JohnD
    Participant

@Coolpix wrote:

By the way, I tried to install/uninstall couple of times. And also tried to install in different options. It was just not working for me.

The funny thing is, even when I login as administrators, I have to start the controller before using WinFax. Which is not necessary for WinFax 10.0. I am using WinXP + Office 2003, so I have to upgrade to 10.03. This issue is mentioned in Symantec support site, and addressed as a known problem to be solved.

Anyway, thank you all for helping.

actually the controller is always started if you start WinFax Message Manager.

You can start the Controller first, and then start the Message manager (WinFax User Interface) but if you start just the Message Manager, the Controller will always start first.

Are you using Fast User Switching? I believe that is incompatible with WinFax

Do you have a link for the documented problem on Symantec’s site?

Anonymous

The error message is “WinFax is not active for this account”.

The url for abovementioned problem is:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….&csm=no

If you can’t access it for any reason, search with the error message I provided.

Right after the 1st paragraph of Solution, there is message like:
    This problem only happens with WinFax PRO 10.02 on Windows XP. Symantec is aware of this problem. The cause is unknown. This document will be updated when new information becomes available.

I can live with this trouble. But, just wonder how to make limited accounts use WinFax on my WinXP machine.

Anonymous

Sorry I don’t have any other suggestions – this might just be a incompatibility with Windows XP and WinFax. Development pretty much stopped for WinFax in 2001 (just before the release of XP).

Anonymous

I have the exact same feeling about WinFax.

Unfortunately, I didn’t find any other competitive replacement in the market.

Anonymous

@Coolpix wrote:

I have the exact same feeling about WinFax.

Unfortunately, I didn’t find any other competitive replacement in the market.

Check out VentaFax , its a professional fax and voice package

http://www.regnow.com/softsel….e=12449

You can download a trial here
    http://www.ventafax.com/files/vfvh552i.exe

Edited By Moderator on Sep. 18 2004 at 21:45

Anonymous

How does one get 10.03?

Anonymous

@PeaBrain wrote:

How does one get 10.03?

if you have an older version the only way to get 10.03 is by calling Symantec and requesting it. There is no patch file or liveupdate file to update your version, it is a complete new install.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.