Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joseph

I’ve used Winfax Pro 10.0 for about 4 months now with Windows XP Pro SP1. Haven’t had any problems until lately when trying to post stamps on documents Ex: My Signature. The image shows up in the preview screen box indicating signatures in the default data-cover folder and the image file is showing active in the default data-cover folder but the image when posted to the document shows up as a cross-hatched box. Example: (Checker Board like) I merge annotations and the image stinks to the document when exiting out of annotation stage but when going back in to the annotation section the cross-hatched box comes back.
    I’ve gone to the Symantec support page and the only thing I see is that the software could have a problem with the video card. I know this not being true do to the software working before with the video card ATI 9800 Pro.
    I’ve also tried resaving the images and remaking stamp images but with same results.
    Also did Live Update to 10.02 with NO results.
    If this is confusing I would be glad to send anyone a screen shot image of my screen with the problem I’ve tried to described above.

Thankyou for your time.

Anonymous

Try right-clicking the checkerboard image in the viewer, and then select Properties.This should display the properties dialog box. Make sure the filename to the graphic image (ie: your signature) is correct and is displayed. Try browsing and selecting the file again and then click OK.

If that doesn’t work, try creating a new stamp and select the file again and see if that makes a difference.

Edited By Moderator on Mar. 29 2005 at 15:42

Anonymous

Another solution would be to convert the image to another format. For example, if the image is in “GIF” format, try converting it to “BMP” or “PCX” or another format that WinFax can use. If the image is in color, try saving it as a B&W image or grayscale. There are some formats and color resolutions that WinFax cannot handle, therefore, you’ll see the crosshatched image instead of the actual stamp image.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.