Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    golfatola

When an fax is sent and goes to the outbox it sits there until I highlight it and hit “send now”
    Then if it does not connect for any reason it does not try to resend, it sit there until I hit “send now” again.

Anonymous

what version of WinFax are you using? check help, about in WinFax.

golfatola

10.02 Checked help and it didn’t.

Anonymous

Sounds to me that your logs have been corrupted I would recommend the following.

How to rebuild the Log and Phonebook files
    In the WinFax PRO Message Manager, click the Tools menu, and then click Maintenance Utility.

NOTES:
    If you cannot launch the Message Manager, or you experience errors while launching the Message Manager, follow the instructions on manually rebuilding the Logs and Phonebook files.
    You need to stop the WinFax PRO service if you are running Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP

Click Launch Application or Applet.
    Select Rebuild Phonebook/Logs, and then click OK.
    Locate the Data folder. By default it will reside under C:Program FilesSymantecWinFax. If you have moved it or installed to a different folder, navigate to the Data folder.
    Select the .wfb file, and click Open to start the repair process.
    Click Close.
    Repeat steps 4-6 for all other .wfb files. (These are the phonebook and log files.)
    Once all .wfb files have been rebuilt, click Close on the SymDiag window.
    You will see a message asking if you would like to restart the Message Manager. Click Yes. The Message Manager restarts.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, select Optimize Phonebooks/Logs instead of Rebuild Phonebooks/Logs in step # 3.

How to manually rebuild the Log and Phonebook files
    Exit all open programs, and stop the WinFax PRO service if you are running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
    Click Start, point to Find, and click Files or Folders. The Find dialog box appears.
    From the Look In drop-down list, select the drive onto which you installed WinFax PRO.
    In the Named field, type rebuild.bat and click Find Now. Windows displays all files matching the search criteria.
    Double-click the Rebuild.bat file. A dialog box appears, prompting you to select a database to rebuild.
    Locate the Data folder. By default it will reside under C:Program FilesSymantecWinFax. If you have moved it or installed to a different folder, navigate to the Data folder.
    Select the .wfb file, and click Open to start the repair process.
    Click Close.
    Repeat this process for all other .wfb files. These are the phonebook and log files.
    Once all .wfb files have been rebuilt, close the Find window.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, locate and run Optimize.bat instead of Rebuild.bat.

goodluck

golfatola

I think that did it. Thank you!
    You would have a quick work-around for the frequent “did not receive acknowledgement” error message that occurs after 1 page transmits completely. After that message no more pages transmit.
    Thanks again.

Anonymous

send problems are a little more tricky, it really depends on a lot of factors. I guess the first question is what type of fax modem are you using? and are you having the problem with all faxes you send, or to a specific fax machine you send to? if its a specific machine then its much more difficult to diagnose.

Anonymous

Like others, I have been using Winfax for many years without a clitch.
    Now that I have a new computer with XP SP2. Winfax stinks.
    The problem is this – sometimes the control manager gets stuck in send mode. However it’s not sending anything. When I look back at my send log. One of my faxes have the yellow lightning bolt. And the others were never sent.
    Any cures?
    Thanks.

Anonymous

@Jeff wrote:

Like others, I have been using Winfax for many years without a clitch.
    Now that I have a new computer with XP SP2. Winfax stinks.
    The problem is this – sometimes the control manager gets stuck in send mode. However it’s not sending anything. When I look back at my send log. One of my faxes have the yellow lightning bolt. And the others were never sent.
    Any cures?
    Thanks.

Drag the failed fax to the wastebasket folder, and then rebuild the log files following the steps outlined in the “Rebuilding phonebooks & logs” message.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.